Covert from m2ts created elsewhere

The place to discuss Mac OS X version of MakeMKV
mattchid

Covert from m2ts created elsewhere

Post by mattchid »

OK, I know this topic has been brought up several times, but not with this particular angle, so please bear with me. I am trying to convert m2ts files (BD folders) created in DVDfab (most recent version). I know, I know, MakeMKV can do this alone, but I use DVDfab to save a step. DVDfab will rip the movie and at the same time take only the core DTS or core DD from the HD audio streams. This saves me a big hassle in demuxing and remuxing after converting the audio stream. That said, I cannot seem to convert these m2ts files to mkv. It goes to 100% complete, and gives me this error (and the file is unplayable BTW):
"Fatal error occured, programm will now exit."
I looked for some kind of log, but the best I could find is this, and its incomplete because I lose access to it when the error occurs:
"MakeMKV v1.4.12 beta darwin(x86-release) started
Opening files on harddrive at /Users/HAL9000/Desktop/Invincible BD RIP/
Evaluation version, 30 day(s) out of 30 remaining
AACS directory not present, assuming unencrypted disc
File 00000.mpls was added as title #0
Operation sucessfully completed
Saving 1 titles into directory /Users/HAL9000/Desktop"

Now, I desperately want MakeMKV to work, preserving the chapters is awesome, and I also want to keep my BD folders intact after ripping just the core audio, which only DVDfab can do in the ripping process. Can this error be overcome. I tried it in the OSX version, the Windows version, and I tried several movies all with the same error at the same point. This product is worth its price if it can work with these files, is there something about DVDfab (or AnyDVD, as I've seen numerous complaints), and more importantly is there a way to rip in these programs to avoid this incompatibility?
mike admin

Re: Covert from m2ts created elsewhere

Post by mike admin »

Please enable "log debug messages" and post the produced log file, MakeMKV will show its location.

On a side note, you know that MakeMKV also can extract core audio, right?