Would I be able to rip UHD blu rays to my hard drive, whether or not the player is listed here or not if I use anyDVDhd?

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
eru777

Would I be able to rip UHD blu rays to my hard drive, whether or not the player is listed here or not if I use anyDVDhd?

Post by eru777 »

Looking at it from a space saving point of view. A small UHD blu ray drive takes up less space, and has headphone support (since it's playing on pc).
My question is this, if I bought say, the Pioneer BDR-XS07TUHD, would I be able to bypass every lock/ HDCP using AnyDVDhd? I'm not concerned about playing the movie in real time. I just don't want to deal with the hassle of HDCP and intel.
Woodstock

Re: Would I be able to rip UHD blu rays to my hard drive, whether or not the player is listed here or not if I use anyDV

Post by Woodstock »

Your question is quite convoluted.

Ripping UHD with MakeMKV using one of the listed drives here will give you UHD MKVs or UHD backups. That doesn't require AnyDVD for any of it.

Currently, no Pioneer drive is supported for ripping UHD, because the ones that can read UHD are "Official" UHD drives, which block non-official software from reading UHD data. And the official software will enforce HDCP and use of Intel processors.

Since you "just don't want to deal with the hassle of HDCP and intel", you don't want a Pioneer drive.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
st4evr

Re: Would I be able to rip UHD blu rays to my hard drive, whether or not the player is listed here or not if I use anyDV

Post by st4evr »

Ultimately, let’s face it, this is the MakeMKV Support Forum. You are asking specifically about AnyDVD support in clearly the wrong place. AnyDVD (owned and developed by Redfox, a completely separate entity from MakeMKV) have their own website and support forum site noting and discussing that app’s functions and limitations.

You will need to go over there and inform and educate yourself on their current support and development to make the best educated decision that fits what you want to do. In some cases they have limitations that do not apply to MakeMKV, but also have features that MakeMKV currently does not (and may never) support.

However, as stated by Woodstock, at this time no Pioneer drive is supported for what you are asking, unfortunately. Period. And that is a common theme at this time in AnyDVD and MakeMKV. But if you are interested specifically in AnyDVD support now and in the future, that is a discussion you need to have on their end to stay up to date with that application and the support which you are specifically interested in.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

but lets also face that that pioneer drive does not work with anything for unofficial UHD right now

i sell small uhd drives that work with makemkv but not anydvd if you want one

see here: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831

or follow my guide here: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
eru777

Post by eru777 »

I wasn't asking specifically for any app, I assumed anydvdhd would take care of the HDCP, and makemkv would take care of the ripping. If makemkv can do both, that's even better!
That's sad that no pioneer drive can rip UHDs, they seem to make excellent drives otherwise.
Thank you all for your answers
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

eru777 wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:11 am
I wasn't asking specifically for any app, I assumed anydvdhd would take care of the HDCP, and makemkv would take care of the ripping. If makemkv can do both, that's even better!
That's sad that no pioneer drive can rip UHDs, they seem to make excellent drives otherwise.
Thank you all for your answers
makemkv removes the aacs encryption hdcp is not on the disc that is only enforced by the player to the tv
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
eru777

Post by eru777 »

I see, well in that case I am going to try and do this whole thing! Since no one in Europe sells drives, plus it will be a fun little project. Having to get an enclosure for the drive, flashing it using your method etc.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

eru777 wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:27 pm
Since no one in Europe sells drives…
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19634

According to the UHD Drives Guide, there seems to be two sellers who will ship internationally.
eru777

Post by eru777 »

Thank you, I noticed that but they are shipping from the US. Had I bought from them the cost with custom fees would add up to probably more than 300 euros. It's just not worth it.