Occasional Veiwing failure

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
Leonoportman

Occasional Veiwing failure

Post by Leonoportman »

Ok this problem has been plaguing me for quite some time and to be honest I can't get my head around it and it effects a very small % of my rips, but I am looking for some opinions as to what this issue is and if anyone else is experiencing it as well and how they have fixed it.

To start I am not a new user to Make MKV I bought this program early on and have being using it for years and probably have thousands of Blu-rays converted and ripped on my Nas, For my own personal use of course ;) But here is my issue I convert all my MKV to MP4 so they are viewable on my Windows based machine and I's say 1 in 100 I cannot actually view them on my preferred player which is Windows Media Player, I can open these files with VLC all day long and they will play with no issues but I don't like it as well there seems to be better colors and overall better picture on WMP. So what would say cause me to convert 3 one hrs. shows all from the same disk(MKV file) and this issue would only be on one of these MP4 files, I am using Handbrake as my conversion program. I've contemplated it being a setting issue on Windows media player, but over the past several years I have ruled that out as I have tried nearly all the setting options that would affect the picture from not showing up. Any thoughts?