Blu-ray to MKV playback in VLC

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
tc_2010MacPro

Blu-ray to MKV playback in VLC

Post by tc_2010MacPro »

Hello,

I am have converted about 7 Blu-ray movies to MKV and when I play them in VLC, about half way through the movie the video starts hesitate/breakup. This happens every Blu-ray movie I have converted. I am using the latest version on VLC and MakeMKV. When the movie starts to hesitate/breakup I restart my computer and fast forward to where I left off and the movie will being to play normally. However, when I get to the end of the movie (last few minutes and credits) it begins to do the same thing. Another interesting point is, I have converted regular DVD's to MKV and played back in the entire movie with VLC and there is no hesitate/breakup in the video.
skittle

Re: Blu-ray to MKV playback in VLC

Post by skittle »

^indicates a problem either with your hardware, or VLC.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@tc_2010_MacPro

Hi!
Another interesting point is, I have converted regular DVD's to MKV and played back in the entire movie with VLC and there is no hesitate/breakup in the video.
Just as a general statement playback of Blu-rays requires significantly higher system resources than standard DVDs...

tc_2010MacPro

Post by tc_2010MacPro »

Thanks everyone for the responses back. I believe it's VLC that's causing this to happen. It's happening on my Mac Pro and iMac. Both have 16gb of ram and i7 processor(s) so which leads me to believe its not hardware related.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Both have 16gb of ram and i7 processor(s) so which leads me to believe its not hardware related

Then I would tend to agree with you ;>}