*UPDATED* 4K UHD DV backup playback

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
acforrester
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:50 pm

Re: *UPDATED* 4K UHD DV backup playback

Post by acforrester » Sat May 11, 2019 5:33 am

Do you know if this will bypass Cinavia? That's the current problem I'm facing.

spl147
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: *UPDATED* 4K UHD DV backup playback

Post by spl147 » Sat May 11, 2019 3:52 pm

acforrester wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 5:33 am
Do you know if this will bypass Cinavia? That's the current problem I'm facing.
yes it does

haute
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:44 pm

Re: A player without an optical drive, is like a car without wheels.

Post by haute » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:18 am

Hello, I was looking for a command that shows the temperature of the cpu / gpu if possible.
I have compared the temperatures in the heatsinks and there is a difference of 14ºC between the Oppo 203 and the M9702, it is something that worries me.
But it would be necessary to have a real temperature of the internal sensors of the cpu.
In the kernel there is no command, neither does busybox have any.
I do not know if through cliprog you can get this data.

Woodstock
Posts: 6340
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Re: *UPDATED* 4K UHD DV backup playback

Post by Woodstock » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:46 pm

Once I've ripped the video with MakeMKV, there is no need for the playback hardware to even know about optical drives. It's never going to see the physical disk.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: https://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8

bl4ck
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:43 pm

Re: 4K UHD DV backup playback

Post by bl4ck » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:02 pm

spl147 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:07 pm

Mkv = Atmos/TrueHD | Bitstream=NO | Auto=Yes
Mkv = DTSX/DTSHD | Bitstream=Yes

Leaving the player set to Auto Plays Atmos for everything but MKV as it plays as LPCM

it seams the MKV Atmos/TrueHD issue goes way back with Oppo!

Hello, what about m2ts file? thx

spl147
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: *UPDATED* 4K UHD DV backup playback

Post by spl147 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:37 pm

bl4ck wrote:
spl147 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:07 pm

Mkv = Atmos/TrueHD | Bitstream=NO | Auto=Yes
Mkv = DTSX/DTSHD | Bitstream=Yes

Leaving the player set to Auto Plays Atmos for everything but MKV as it plays as LPCM

it seams the MKV Atmos/TrueHD issue goes way back with Oppo!

Hello, what about m2ts file? thx
Sorry i sold it a long time ago


Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro

bl4ck
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:43 pm

Re: *UPDATED* 4K UHD DV backup playback

Post by bl4ck » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:40 pm

what next? what box? :)

Donpoku
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:43 pm

Re: *UPDATED* 4K UHD DV backup playback

Post by Donpoku » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:27 am

spl147 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:37 pm
bl4ck wrote:
spl147 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:07 pm

Mkv = Atmos/TrueHD | Bitstream=NO | Auto=Yes
Mkv = DTSX/DTSHD | Bitstream=Yes

Leaving the player set to Auto Plays Atmos for everything but MKV as it plays as LPCM

it seams the MKV Atmos/TrueHD issue goes way back with Oppo!

Hello, what about m2ts file? thx
Sorry i sold it a long time ago


Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro
Sorry why did you sell it and what do you use for your Dolby vision playback?

spl147
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: *UPDATED* 4K UHD DV backup playback

Post by spl147 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:21 pm

Donpoku wrote:
spl147 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:37 pm
bl4ck wrote: Hello, what about m2ts file? thx
Sorry i sold it a long time ago


Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro
Sorry why did you sell it and what do you use for your Dolby vision playback?
No movie interface + the MKV Atmos bug.

I gave up on Dolby Vision


Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro

spl147
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: *UPDATED* 4K UHD DV backup playback

Post by spl147 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:23 pm

bl4ck wrote:what next? what box? :)
Currently using a OSMC Vero 4K+

Plays everything perfect minus DV


Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro

bl4ck
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:43 pm

Re: *UPDATED* 4K UHD DV backup playback

Post by bl4ck » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:35 pm

Nice but video quality it is worse, I have shield tv and I wanna something with better video quality.

Donpoku
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:43 pm

Re: *UPDATED* 4K UHD DV backup playback

Post by Donpoku » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:21 am

spl147 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:23 pm
bl4ck wrote:what next? what box? :)
Currently using a OSMC Vero 4K+

Plays everything perfect minus DV


Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro
And what's the M9702 vs Vero 4k+ pic quality and upscale like?

spl147
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:59 pm

Re: *UPDATED* 4K UHD DV backup playback

Post by spl147 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:25 am

Donpoku wrote:
spl147 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:23 pm
bl4ck wrote:what next? what box? :)
Currently using a OSMC Vero 4K+

Plays everything perfect minus DV


Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro
And what's the M9702 vs Vero 4k+ pic quality and upscale like?
Can’t compare, i sold it a long time ago. The Vero 4k+ is pretty flawless, i don’t upscale anything so i can’t comment. The Vero 4K+ is only like $130, just buy one. If you don’t like it sell it


Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk Pro

Post Reply