Automatically open disc & Mount ISO?

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
jachin99

Automatically open disc & Mount ISO?

Post by jachin99 »

Is it possible to use Make MKV to decrypt a disc, and then mount its contents as an ISO, or otherwise use make MKV decrypt a disc's content so they can be viewed in a video player without going through the full rip process, and if so, how would I do this? Thanks.
Woodstock

Re: Automatically open disc & Mount ISO?

Post by Woodstock »

If your player supports it, you can install a library (supplied with MakeMKV) that allows software to use MakeMKV as a "streaming server".

I tested it once, years ago, but couldn't figure out how it was particularly useful.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
jachin99

Post by jachin99 »

I am just looking for the quickest way to pop in a disc and watch it without copying it. Are you saying there is something like a plugin for make mkv that will stream the disc contents? If so how does it stream files? Is it DLNA, SMB, or do you remember? Could you fast forward and rewind when you stream?
jachin99

Post by jachin99 »

I did some reading around the forums, and the streaming server was removed in newer versions. The last version to feature this was 1.12.2 which can be downloaded here https://www.videohelp.com/software/Make ... ownloadold I'm going to try and use this old version but I'll still be looking for an easy way to pop in a bluray and just watch it that doesn't involve powerdvd. Thanks for the help so far.