Sherlock Holmes "Red Circle" Audio Sync

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
rweaver7777

Sherlock Holmes "Red Circle" Audio Sync

Post by rweaver7777 »

I just got the bluray set of Jeremy Brett's Sherlock Holmes complete series. I hadn't noticed any sync problem until I watched "The Red Circle" episode. The sound is about 1/4 to 1/2 second ahead of the video.

I'm not trying to place any blame on MakeMKV, because I doubt that it is the problem, so that is not my question. But is there a way to adjust the sync? And what software would I use to do that?

Thanks,
Rick
Grauhaar

Re: Sherlock Holmes "Red Circle" Audio Sync

Post by Grauhaar »

A wrong Sync can be corrected with "MKVToolNIX GUI". Load the created MKV file in MKVToolNIX, select the wrong audio track and look ino the right below area. There is a "Timestamp and default duration" section. Now enter in the "Delay (in ms)" field the value. f.e. "100" to shift the audio track 100ms if the audio is behind the video or "-100" is the audio is ahead the video. After this "start multiplexing" to create a new file.
To find out what is the correct value you can use VLC "Tools -> Track Syncronization" to shift it up or down in 100ms step (or enter a value in the field) and verify it. Use this value in the MKVToolNIX delay field.
Good Luck :)

Re: Sherlock Holmes "Red Circle" Audio Sync

Post by rweaver7777 »

Superb! Was 300ms off and is now fixed. THANK YOU Grauhaar! Rick