Splitting MPLS?

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
PRAGMA

Splitting MPLS?

Post by PRAGMA »

BluRay: Sword Art Online V1

This bluray seems to do the case of multiple episodes under 1 MPLS (but seperated m2ts's)
This is common and is done on DVD's too, but with DVD's I was able to "Open DVD Manually" and do something like "1:1-4 1:5-8" and boom, split into seperate titles.

But how can I do something like this for BluRay since I dont have this manual option?
I can just mux the .m2ts's but then I lose stuff like chapters, subtitles, e.t.c.

The only way I can think of keeping everything would be using MKVToolNix's Split before chapter option but that isnt accurate since it goes by keyframe to split from, and the keyframes on this just dont match up and are off by a couple seconds.

Would it be possible, to go a different route, perhaps by just simply removing some of the .m2ts references from the .mpls, to have only 1 episode in per time, then just run from MakeMKV with the crafted .mpls? If so what is the best route to do so?
Grauhaar

Re: Splitting MPLS?

Post by Grauhaar »

Can be done with "MKVToolNIX GUI". Go to the "Output" tab and use the Split by Chapters option from the list. Type the Chapter numbers before the split should be done in the list f.e. "5,10,15,20", after this you have 4 mkv files.
Good Luck :)

Re: Splitting MPLS?

Post by PRAGMA »

Grauhaar wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:05 am
Can be done with "MKVToolNIX GUI". Go to the "Output" tab and use the Split by Chapters option from the list. Type the Chapter numbers before the split should be done in the list f.e. "5,10,15,20", after this you have 4 mkv files.
Right but as I said, it does it by keyframes, which wont always be in the right spots and could be off by a couple seconds, resulting in abrupt cuts, its just not pleasent