...more AV Sync issues

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
Angryman

...more AV Sync issues

Post by Angryman »

So firstly a big "Hi" to the MakeMKV community. New to the Forum but been converting my films to media player for at leat 10 years now so no noob there. Been using Make MKV for about 4+ years now and love it. Typically I buy Blu-ray then pull the movie main soundtrack and any required subs to.mkv for playback on my HTPC.
Now I have an interesting issue with "Death Wish" the newish one with Bruce Willis.
If I pull just the Video and main non-HD soundtrack from the disc I get the AV issue. If I pull just the movie from the disc to .mkv so it retains all 4 audio tracks plus the subs then that file plays back perfectly with all audio track correctly synced. If I then put that .mkv into MakeMKV and remux just the single audio track and the video to a new .mkv the AV sync issue returns !?

The reported error is as follows:

AV synchronization issues were found in file 'E:/Video Creation/Death Wish_t00.mkv' (title #1)
AV sync issue in stream 1 at 0:00:34.117 with duration of 7.045s : broken timecode, apparent audio skew is +7.045s

Is there any fix to this? On playback I would agree that the sound sync is around 7 seconds and it kicks it at 34 seconds. Why is it these obscure not that successful film that are a pain in the ass!?
Grauhaar

Re: ...more AV Sync issues

Post by Grauhaar »

Angryman wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:30 pm
If I then put that .mkv into MakeMKV and remux just the single audio track and the video to a new .mkv the AV sync issue returns !?
Strange process .... never done this in this way.

What happens if you do the removal with "MKVToolNIX GUI" ?
Good Luck :)

Re: ...more AV Sync issues

Post by Angryman »

It's not how I normally do it, I'm trying alternate ways to see if it worked or narrowed down the issue. I've never had this problem before in over 500 discs.

My "normal" process is to load disc, find the main movie deselect all the unwanted rubbish to leave just the video, main soundtrack any if applicable the subs then save out to an .mkv file. doing this I get a finished film with the AV error I have detailed. I then copied the same movie but didn't remove the unwanted audio etc and it works perfectly. If I then take that perfectly working file and run it through makemkv again to try and salvage what I want, the AV sync issue returns.