help with output file name template

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
Peter_Pan

help with output file name template

Post by Peter_Pan »

I've been using MakeMKV os a collection of DVDs, copied from rentals, using a commercial product called "1-Click-DVD copy". These are decrypted copies, and in many of them I've applied the option to save "Movie Only". Some others have been saved in their entirety, when I used 8gig disks. So when I do the conversion, the movies that were copied in their entirety have the movie name in the file title. Unfortunately the "movie only" copies do not, and end up with names like "title_t00.mkv". It would be nice to fix that. Whenever such a disk is inserted, MakeMKV always finds the title in what it calls the disk LABEL. Hoever, that name is never applied to the filename, even when no other name can be found. Currently the name template is...

Code: Select all

{NAME1}{-:CMNT1}{-:DT}{title:+DFLT}{_t:N2}
I've tried to add {LABEL} to the stering, but that just results in a name template error, and an even les informative file name. Any way to fix?
Attachments
makeMKV log.txt
(6.21 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
mike admin

Re: help with output file name template

Post by mike admin »

Please see viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22491 . In short, there is no word in template for a disk label. You have to manually copy the name from label into "name" field in GUI. Reasoning is that most of the time you would want to edit it anyway - fix case, remove underscores, etc.