Demon Slayer Season 1 Part 1

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
Senpai

Demon Slayer Season 1 Part 1

Post by Senpai »

I am having a problem where its grouping the whole anime into one big file (about 34gb) instead of episodes. When opened to play, all the chapters are spread out very wild to. Not sure how to fix this issue. First time this has happened with a anime disk, definitely dont think it will be the last. Any advice would help. Thanks alot for reading!
Woodstock

Re: Demon Slayer Season 1 Part 1

Post by Woodstock »

If this is the Funimation release, the disk should have multiple 24-25 minute episodes, plus "all episodes in one file".

What do you have set for the minimum title length? MakeMKV may be skipping the smaller files if you have it set at 1500 seconds or higher.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
thundersnarf

Post by thundersnarf »

I'm having the same issue. I'm guessing it's some kind of playlist protection. I have never come across this either despite ripping many of my discs including anime.

Minimum title length is set to the default of 120 seconds. It's not anything due to settings, it's something with the disc/protection.

I agree with OP that this is likely to start appearing on more discs soon. This is a fairly new blu-ray.
thundersnarf

Post by thundersnarf »

Now that more time has passed I’m beginning to wonder if this isn’t just the result of a cheaply and poorly made blu-ray. I mean the sound is Stereo LPCM.

I think it may be highly possible that they only included the episodes as one big file separated by chapters. The episode selection could simply link to a specific chapter.

I ended up just ripping the entire file and then clipping out each episode as a separate file.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

It is a bit unusual for Funimation to use LPCM, but LPCM is common on a LOT of Japanese BDs.

You can ask MakeMKV to convert them to FLAC, but I don't bother. They go through handbrake and I convert it to AC3 and AAC.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging