Writing Chapter Markers

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
adalogue

Writing Chapter Markers

Post by adalogue »

Hey, new here. I love MakeMKV, very easy to get to an MKV file from optical disc. HOWEVER, I'm having trouble getting the chapter markers actually written into the video file so that I can navigate through them on a MKV-compatible player. I have tried using mkvtoolnix to accomplish this with no success. Any input???

Thanks!
Navvie

Re: Writing Chapter Markers

Post by Navvie »

adalogue wrote:I'm having trouble getting the chapter markers actually written into the video file so that I can navigate through them on a MKV-compatible player.
What player?

If its a software player, try another VLC and MPC-HC are good options.

If it is a hardware device, many manufacturers like to state MKV support on their products but don't actually support all the features Matroska offers.

The manufacturer and model of your hardware player would help prevent others buying a product that doesn't provide support for a pretty basic feature.
Linux / Windows 10
Asus BW-16D1HT 3.10MK x2
Asus BC-12D2HT 3.11MK
LG BH16NS40 flashed to WH16NS60 1.03
LG GGC-H20L 1.03
Pioneer BDR-205 GENE
dpstjp

Post by dpstjp »

Dune HDI players have only just had beta firmware released that allow navigation by chapter markers. Previously one could only jump in deciles (ie 10% of the way through, 20%, etc).
adalogue

Post by adalogue »

Yeah, in VLC I can't get it to navigate chapters. It just skips to the next file in the que.