Batch Converting ISOs to MKVs with Powershell

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
adamb78

Batch Converting ISOs to MKVs with Powershell

Post by adamb78 »

I ripped a bunch of DVD's to ISO's for use with Boxee, but then wanted them in MKV to use with a DLNA Blu-ray player.

I created the attached Powershell script to automate the process.

I'm new to using MakeMKV so please let me know if there is anything off about how I'm doing this.

Otherwise, hopefully this script (rename to .ps1 to execute) will save someone some time.

NOTE: This uses the 64-bit console version so if you are on 32-bit you will need to change the command that is executed on Line 57.
Attachments
ConvertISOtoMKV.txt
Powershell script for converting ISO to MKV (rename to .ps1).
(2.28 KiB) Downloaded 2380 times
Zanthexter

Re: Batch Converting ISOs to MKVs with Powershell

Post by Zanthexter »

Thank you very much for the quite useful script. I don't have a clue about programming, so never would have been able to figure something like this out on my own.

I did run into a problem where there'd be more than 1 "main movie" outputted, and the script would error when renaming them. So I figured out how to have it keep each movie in it's own folder, so I could review the results and decide what to keep.

In this section, I just added the stuff in red:

Code: Select all

If (Test-Path $dest\mkv-converter-tmp\*.mkv)
			{
				ren $dest\mkv-converter-tmp\*.mkv $newname
				mkdir $dest\$newname
				move $dest\mkv-converter-tmp\*.mkv $dest\$newname
        		$processedname = $($iso.BaseName) + ".processediso"
        		ren $iso.fullname $processedname
Why is it 2011 and all the message board editor's are so F'ng crappy? Sigh. It won't let me keep the original formatting and add color to highlight.

So, the "mkdir" line was added and the "\$newname" as stuck to the end of the move line.
adamb78

Post by adamb78 »

Thanks for adding the fix! I noticed that on a few in the end but didn't have time to figure out what was going on.
lallhands

Post by lallhands »

Could you repost or email that ConvertISOtoMKV.txt script to me? I would like to use it if possible and it is no longer a working link.

Thanks!
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

In case you still need this function, try out MultiMakeMKV.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
RamHawk

Post by RamHawk »

Hate to reply to an old thread but this would indeed be a great script to have. If someone could post the source code or re-post the file then it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Can you simply just rename the .ISO file to .MKV or does it have to go through a process with makemkv? I don' t know what is going on without seeing the script.