Repeat Scenes

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
scotttay

Repeat Scenes

Post by scotttay »

Hello I am ripping my blu ray movies to a .mkv file using make mkv, afterwards I am using aieesoft HD converter to convert the .mkv files to HD format for my ipad 3, however I am noticing that while playing the movies converted several scenes are being repeated over and over again for example
1. good deeds
2. safe
3 hunger games
These are the only ones I know of so far, I have checked the original movies i own and they do not have the repeat scenes. Can it be coming from the ripping process or the converting process? I also notice that most new movies that after mkv reads the disk have many files of the same size and same chapters, I was told to pick the longest one with the most chapters, well I am not sure since there are many (more than 10) that have the exact same file size and chapter length, and after taking a shot in the dark and pick the one I think is the correct one it does not work. Help I love your software and purchased it several months ago and I am lost and need help.

Thanks In Advance

ST
Bob K

Re: Repeat Scenes

Post by Bob K »

It's a form of copy protection. Go to this thread to see how others have solved the problem.

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5328
setarip_old

Re: Repeat Scenes

Post by setarip_old »

@scottay

Hi!

If I remember correctly, "Source Code" was the first such example of including multiple "adjusted" .MPLS playlist files, most of which included repeated scenes.

This was made more difficult due to the fact that the movie actually DID have some repeated brief scenes in the way of "flashbacks" ;>}