Blu-ray Ripping.

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
Roblee

Blu-ray Ripping.

Post by Roblee »

I am new to MakeMKV. I am in the Process of ripping about 2500 DVD and Blue-ray. I have about 1700 done. I mention this to show I'm in this for the long haul.
I have incountered two problems: 1. MakeMKV not able to open the movie Patrick. 2. 43 of my Blue-rays play like a slide show without sound. I can't find any revlivent topics ,not yet anyway, in this forum. Please Help. :|
crowfax

Re: Blu-ray Ripping.

Post by crowfax »

Roblee wrote:1. MakeMKV not able to open the movie Patrick
http://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
Smithcraft

Post by Smithcraft »

You haven't told us what CPU your computer has, so we have no way of knowing if it can handle Bluray content.

VLC should be able to play anything you can rip, if your CPU can handle it.

SC
Roblee

Post by Roblee »

This is a HTPC made by Assassin. It is a i3-2105 CPU@3.10. It plays other Blue rays. Of my 75 Blue Rays about 45 played like a slide show without sound.
faq/item/8 talks about down loading files. I don't know what these are or where they may be found.
NodNarb012

Post by NodNarb012 »

What are you using to play the rips? Do they play with VLC?

What type of audio do the files have?
Roblee

Post by Roblee »

I didn't know what a VLC is untill you asked. I'll have to look into it. I use XBMC to play my vedios.
Doble digital and DTS in its verious forms.
Roblee

Post by Roblee »

It turns out I wasted your time. Insted of a setting of 1500 I have it set at 3600. Which is suggested by Assissan. This does work much better but I must remember to reset it . When recording very shout movies.
As to the problem recording Blurays I switched to my desk top. End of problem. Aparenty my Assissan doesn't Have the power needed.
Sorry for wasting your time.