MVC MKV: Extracting "eyes" for transcoding?

MKV playback, recompression, remuxing, codec packs, players, howtos, etc.
Thalyn

MVC MKV: Extracting "eyes" for transcoding?

Post by Thalyn »

I've been playing around recently trying to transcode my movie collection onto a NAS for what I consider fairly obvious reasons. I've found that MakeMKV works as a great means for getting source material to then feed into Handbrake so I don't fill the NAS before I get started (190+ movies at 20GB+ each is a lot of data, and that's before the 400+ DVDs are looked into).

However, now I've started to get into my 3D collection and I've hit a bit of a stumbling block.

I've already managed, with a decrypted source, to use an AVISynth script in tandem with the H264StereoSource plugin to create a workable script from an M2TS and SSIF file which have been extracted to raw streams using EAC3to in order to produce useable OU output. That then gets run through x264 to produce my final video. But that doesn't help me in the slightest for encrypted things, which is where MakeMKV comes in.

Thing is, I'm not sure how to separate the streams in MakeMKV's 3D output. I've noted that it lists a Multiview count, which suggests I've gotten it off the disc correctly, but that's as far as I've been able to get. Attempts with MKVExtract to split the streams have been fruitless, as have attempts with EAC3To - I only get one stream from either of those.

So how exactly would I go about separating the streams so I can create a more widely-usable OU or SBS video? Is there a command line for MKVExtract I've missed, a separate tool which can extract the streams or, perhaps, an AVISynth plugin which can read it directly and take another step out of my workflow?

Cheers.