Ripping Anime Solty Rei

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
ADFX01A

Ripping Anime Solty Rei

Post by ADFX01A »

I am Ripping the Anime Series Solty Rei on 6 DVDs.

Disc 1,2,4,5,6 ripped in one large video file that I was able to breakup into individual episodes later on with Handbrake. But Disc 3 scanned as a bunch of individual segments (approx 6 files to make one episode) and every program I tried to merge them back together has failed.

Is there a way to make MakeMKV rip them as individual episodes or a a large combine file that I can break up with Handbrake?

MakeMKV Log:

Using direct disc access mode
LibreDrive firmware support is not yet available for this drive (id=9EC5F0DCACFE)
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #1 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #2 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #3 does not match one in IFO header.
Title #1 has length of 58 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #2 has length of 30 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #2/1 has length of 60 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #2/2 has length of 30 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #2/3 has length of 68 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #2/4 has length of 30 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #2/5 has length of 30 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #2/6 has length of 30 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #2/7 has length of 30 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #3 has length of 89 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #4 has length of 89 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Complex multiplex encountered - 13 cells and 3650 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #5 was added (32 cell(s), 1:29:52)
Complex multiplex encountered - 13 cells and 3646 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Angle #2 was added for title #5
Operation successfully completed
Saving 2 titles into directory D:/BR Rip/Solty Rei/D6
2 titles saved
Using direct disc access mode
LibreDrive firmware support is not yet available for this drive (id=9EC5F0DCACFE)
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #1 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #2 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #3 does not match one in IFO header.
Title #1 has length of 73 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #2 has length of 30 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #2/1 has length of 59 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #2/2 has length of 30 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #2/3 has length of 30 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #2/4 was added (1 cell(s), 0:02:01)
Title #2/5 has length of 30 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #2/6 has length of 60 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #2/7 has length of 30 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Complex multiplex encountered - 1 cells and 273 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #3 has length of 68 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Complex multiplex encountered - 2 cells and 423 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #3/0/1 has length of 105 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #3/0/2 was added (4 cell(s), 0:18:43)
Angle #2 was added for title #3/0/2
Complex multiplex encountered - 1 cells and 359 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #3/0/3 has length of 90 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #3/0/4 has length of 15 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Complex multiplex encountered - 1 cells and 289 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #3/0/5 has length of 72 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Complex multiplex encountered - 2 cells and 384 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #3/0/6 has length of 96 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #3/0/7 was added (4 cell(s), 0:18:51)
Angle #2 was added for title #3/0/7
Complex multiplex encountered - 1 cells and 353 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #3/0/8 has length of 88 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #3/0/9 has length of 14 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Complex multiplex encountered - 1 cells and 409 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #3/0/10 has length of 102 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Complex multiplex encountered - 2 cells and 388 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #3/0/11 has length of 98 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #3/0/12 was added (4 cell(s), 0:18:18)
Angle #2 was added for title #3/0/12
Complex multiplex encountered - 1 cells and 355 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #3/0/13 has length of 89 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #3/0/14 has length of 15 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Complex multiplex encountered - 1 cells and 549 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #3/0/15 was added (1 cell(s), 0:02:17)
Complex multiplex encountered - 1 cells and 548 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Angle #2 was added for title #3/0/15
Complex multiplex encountered - 2 cells and 384 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #3/0/16 has length of 96 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #3/0/17 was added (4 cell(s), 0:17:43)
Angle #2 was added for title #3/0/17
Complex multiplex encountered - 1 cells and 357 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #3/0/18 has length of 89 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #3/0/19 has length of 15 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #3/0/20 has length of 10 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Complex multiplex encountered - 5 cells and 1210 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #4 was added (9 cell(s), 0:23:22)
Complex multiplex encountered - 5 cells and 1210 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Angle #2 was added for title #4
Title #5 has length of 89 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #6 has length of 89 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title 1 in VTS 2 is equal to title 1 and was skipped
Operation successfully completed
Grauhaar

Re: Ripping Anime Solty Rei

Post by Grauhaar »

You can Split and Combine mkv file with "MKVTollNIX GUI".

1.) Split, go to the output tab and select "split by chapter". Now specify the chapters at wich the split should occure. This produces new mkv files without recompression as Handbrake does.
2.) Combine, add the first mkv file, then click right on the source video and use the append function for the other mkv files. If all are added, muxx it to a new mkv file.

If you can split or combine the wanted mkvs direkt with MakeMKV depends how is the DVD is mastered. Many DVDs (specialy older once) have a very bad mastering. Try it with the "Manuell DVD Open" mode in MakeMKV. It depends on what is now shown if you extract only specify chapter ranges and so on.
Good Luck :)

Post by ADFX01A »

Unfortunately, MKVToolNix GUI was one of several programs that I tired to merge the videos. The output video would freeze and glitch at the merge points for some reason.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

This is a tool just for this task - http://www.makemkv.com/manualdvd/
ADFX01A

Post by ADFX01A »

I opened the Disc in manual Mode, I think what I need is Title 3, but all this about syntax and etc... is Greek to me. I would appreciate any help you all can give me.

I tried manually ripping just title 3, I still came out as a bunch of segments. Think the problem is that it has 2 video angles, one with Japanese Text and another with English Text. The other DVDs had 2 large video angle files and Disc 3 segmented so the angles was only on the parts of the episodes that had text them. How do I get it to pick one angle and combine it into a large file like the rest.

Open DVD in Manual Mode:

Source Information:
Disc Information
Label : SOLTY_REI_VOL03
Titles count : 6

Title information
1: 1/1 - 4 chapter(s) 0:01:13 4 cell(s)
2: 1/2 - 8 chapter(s) 8 PGC(s) 2(0:00:30) 3(0:00:59) 4(0:00:30) 5(0:00:30) 6(0:02:01) 7(0:00:30) 8(0:01:00) 9(0:00:30)
3: 2/1 - 36 chapter(s) 1:33:54 60 cell(s)
4: 2/2 - 8 chapter(s) 0:23:25 14 cell(s)
5: 3/1 - 1 chapter(s) 0:01:29 1 cell(s)
6: 3/2 - 1 chapter(s) 0:01:29 1 cell(s)
Grauhaar

Post by Grauhaar »

To rip something from title 3 you must specicfy "3:1-5", where 3 is the title and 1-5 means chapter 1 to 5. To find out which chapters you can use VLC (Playback-> Chapters).
Good Luck :)

Post by ADFX01A »

I manually ripped Title 3 with the chapters listed this time. It came out with the 2 large video files like the other DVDs. So I can now separate the episodes with Handbrake.

Thank You All for your assistance.