Error with ripping Stargate SG-1 S02E17 on Disc 4

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
Jay Lucky

Error with ripping Stargate SG-1 S02E17 on Disc 4

Post by Jay Lucky »

Been trying multiple different methods to rip this particular episode to no avail, including copying the disc to an ISO, to VIDEO_TS folders, and to a new ISO just containing this episode using CloneDVD. Posting here in case the debug codes will help solve the issue.

Near as I can tell, it may be related to a layer break issue, but I'm not sure. I have resorted to just getting the vob files for this particular episode and making an MKV by hand using MKVMerge, but it would be nice to just be able to rip this particular episode in MakeMKV, as I have done with my other series DVD's...

Code: Select all

Saving 1 titles into directory V:/Stargate SG-1/Season 2
DEBUG: Code 149 at 2rn9)J;%$tM]gNj!?H\:29397426
DEBUG: Code 0 at Xx?t\%'u.k;,A)R.CQ8*l:29397449
LIBMKV_TRACE: Exception: Error while reading input
Failed to save title 2 to file V:/Stargate SG-1/Season 2/title02.mkv
0 titles saved, 1 failed
Any thoughts?
mike admin

Re: Error with ripping Stargate SG-1 S02E17 on Disc 4

Post by mike admin »

The disc is badly mastered. Workaround can be added to MakeMKV but you need to send the full log file, it should contain a lot of "C_XXXXX=" strings.
Jay Lucky

Re: Error with ripping Stargate SG-1 S02E17 on Disc 4

Post by Jay Lucky »

mike admin wrote:The disc is badly mastered. Workaround can be added to MakeMKV but you need to send the full log file, it should contain a lot of "C_XXXXX=" strings.
Yeah, it's even giving me problems with encoding it myself. I've sent the log in with the IFO's, hopefully it helps.