Why can't all DVDs be ripped?

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
ACastro

Why can't all DVDs be ripped?

Post by ACastro »

Hello,
I'm having a problem ripping Terminator 3, can anyone tell me why ALL DVDs can't be ripped? If they can, then please let me know what to do.

Thanks, Abel.
Woodstock

Re: Why can't all DVDs be ripped?

Post by Woodstock »

People rip DVDs regularly with MakeMKV. Without some idea of what errors you're receiving, we can't even guess at why YOUR DVDs are failing to rip.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ACastro

Post by ACastro »

Thanks again for your reply Woodman. I'm not getting any notices, all I get is a .mkv with 0 mb. Odd.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

If MakeMKV cannot read and write a full, error-free MKV file, it will delete it. Your description says it tried to create the file (file name was added to the directory), then could not write the data, and was refused permission to delete the file name.

These issues should have generated errors. Do you have debug logging turned on? The link in my signature explains how to do that, and where to find the log.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
rivey

Post by rivey »

Thanks again for your reply Woodman. I'm not getting any notices, all I get is a .mkv with 0 mb. Odd.
You state that the file is showing 0mb. I had this happen last week and the problem was that all I had to do was refresh the page and the correct file size showed up and I was able to view the files. Check that and see what happens. That would explain why no error messages were being displayed. Might not be the problem but is a very easy thing to check and it did work for me. I am now refreshing my pages just to make sure. Good Luck.