How to get DVD track names visible?

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
apeka

How to get DVD track names visible?

Post by apeka »

Hello,
I'm new here and still figuring out the options in MakeMKV. Is there a way to make the DVD track listings in a *.mkv file also visible when using a media player?
I noticed when opening a *.mkv file with the contents of a DVD, the individual tracks can be seen in VLC Media Player on my computer, but not when playing the file with my Mede8er Mediaplayer and Samsung QLED tv.
Thanks.
renfield

Re: How to get DVD track names visible?

Post by renfield »

What do you mean exactly by "individual tracks"? An mkv file contains a single video track, and then multiple of other types of tracks.

So when you say you open an mkv file "with the contents of a DVD" -- that doesn't happen. Each title on a DVD gets ripped to individual mkv files. The "contents of a DVD" is multiple titles but the contents of an mkv file is just one of those titles, per mkv file.
Woodstock

Re: How to get DVD track names visible?

Post by Woodstock »

VLC knows about MKV files. A lot of "smart" TVs will not open them... Unless you give them some other extension.

One of my early Samsung "smart" TVs would only play MKV files from a flash drive, and then only if I changed the file extension to "AVI".
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging