MakeMKV Missing Chapters from Schindler's List DVD

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
Goose

MakeMKV Missing Chapters from Schindler's List DVD

Post by Goose »

I’m pulling an MKV from side two from the Schindler’s List DVD (with the intent to use MKVToolNix to join the two sides into one movie file) and noticed that it’s missing the final chapter (the credits.) If I play the DVD or even bring it up in Handbrake, they both show 14 chapters. But when MakeMKV brings up the file, it only shows 12, both in the preview scan and the actual finished file. And, accordingly, the movie files ends right before the credits start. I’ve never noticed this before (although now it’s got me wondering if this isn’t the first time) and cannot figure out why it’s not showing the full movie file.

Any thoughts on what might be happening or how to fix this and get the full movie to show up in the MKV?

(For whatever it’s worth, MakeMKV also doesn’t show the hour-long bonus documentary, while, again, Handbrake has no problem finding it on the disc.)
Grauhaar

Re: MakeMKV Missing Chapters from Schindler's List DVD

Post by Grauhaar »

MakeMKV has trouble with many DVDs and I think the development of the "DVD part" is stopped since some years, because there was no enhancement within the last years (f.e Forced subtitle extraction like Blu-ray and so on)

You can try to open the DVD with the manuall option and specify title and the included chapters. Maybe this works, because this does not analyse the structure in deep.
Good Luck :)