Sleepless In Seattle

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
watcherNFX

Sleepless In Seattle

Post by watcherNFX »

Trying to convert this DVD to an MKV file but "complex multiplex" errors are on every title.

MakeMKV v1.14.5 win(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Complex multiplex encountered - 27 cells and 11935 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
IFO file for VTS #1 is corrupt, VOB file must be scanned. This may take very long time, please be patient.
Title #1 (1:44:59) was skipped due to navigation error
Complex multiplex encountered - 27 cells and 11934 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
IFO file for VTS #2 is corrupt, VOB file must be scanned. This may take very long time, please be patient.
Title #2 (1:44:59) was skipped due to navigation error
Title #3 declared length is 0:13:08 while its real length is 0:07:36 - assuming fake title
Title #4 has length of 113 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Failed to open disc

the disk has a Full scree and a wide screen format of the same movie

When I open the disk manually, I see the following titles:

Disc Information
Label : Sleepless In Seattle
Titles count : 4

Title information
1: 1/1 - 28 chapter(s) 1:44:59 28 cell(s)
2: 2/1 - 28 chapter(s) 1:44:59 28 cell(s)
3: 3/1 - 2 chapter(s) 0:13:10 2 cell(s)
4: 4/1 - 2 chapter(s) 0:01:53 2 cell(s)

I get the same "Complex multiplex encountered - "... regardless whether I chose title 1 or 2

Open DVD manually : "1"
Complex multiplex encountered - 27 cells and 11935 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
IFO file for VTS #1 is corrupt, VOB file must be scanned. This may take very long time, please be patient.
Title #1 (1:44:59) was skipped due to navigation error
Failed to open disc

The DVD plays fine in the DVD player and this is the only DVD I have that is giving me an issue with this software.

I am not sure if the "Complex multiplex" is the real issue or the "navigation error" is the culprit.

Either way, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
ted209

Re: Sleepless In Seattle

Post by ted209 »

Hi - I got the same "complex multiplex" errors on this DVD, but it still ripped ok (using 32 bit windows). Might be worth trying it on another drive if you have access to one.