ILLEGAL REQUEST:MEDIA REGION CODE IS MISMATCHED TO LOGICAL UNIT REGION

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
Ineedsom

ILLEGAL REQUEST:MEDIA REGION CODE IS MISMATCHED TO LOGICAL UNIT REGION

Post by Ineedsom »

Please forgive me, I suspect this has answered but I have searched the forums and can't find it.

I have a pile of disks now that cannot be unlocked because of this error code: "Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:MEDIA REGION CODE IS MISMATCHED TO LOGICAL UNIT REGION' occurred while reading..."

Please help me to be able to fix this - do I have to use another software since MakeMKV can't unlock the disk?

Thank you for your help with this. :mrgreen:
Woodstock

Re: ILLEGAL REQUEST:MEDIA REGION CODE IS MISMATCHED TO LOGICAL UNIT REGION

Post by Woodstock »

Some information about the drive would be helpful. Not all drives can have their region lock bypassed.

Are you trying to run MakeMKV remotely? Some functions are disabled by Windows and other operating systems when you aren't operating at the console level, or if the user you are running as does not have sufficient security access to the drive.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Ineedsom

Post by Ineedsom »

We are using an Xglysmyc USB2.0 External Blu Ray drive on Windows 10.

Do you have any recommendations for a USB 4K Blu-Ray drive that would work?

The pile of disks that won't work is piling up and am wondering if it's this drive's region code?
Ineedsom

Post by Ineedsom »

Sorry, I didnt answer all your questions.

We are using a Xglysmyc USB2.0 External Blu Ray (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QV ... UTF8&psc=1)

Do you know of any USB 4K BluRay drives that would work? Are all the issues witht he drive being locked to a region?

I have ran MakeMKV as administrator and it still throws the "Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:MEDIA REGION CODE IS MISMATCHED TO LOGICAL UNIT REGION' occurred while reading..." error.

Tank you for your help.
RegionCodeIsTheDevil

Post by RegionCodeIsTheDevil »

I use an Archgon MD-8107-U3 Blu-Ray drive. Although I've never tried to rip a foreign DVD before, VLC opened some of my foreign DVD's just fine, but completely rejected others. I'm convinced that this must be a problem with my Blu-Ray drive. If any of you know what the problem may be, then that would be awesome.
maroon5gurl88

Post by maroon5gurl88 »

I started having this same problem today after months of no problem burning DVDs. Tried on two different computers (both running Windows 10). Have checked the region code and am running MakeMKV as admin but still getting the error code and the VOBU issues. I'm starting to assume this is a MakeMKV error which really sucks as I just recently paid for the full service. Any help would be great!
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

What does MakeMKV show in the Info box regarding the drive itself?

In general, if MakeMKV can get control over the drive, it can bypass most region coding. If full access is being blocked, it has to make do with what the operating system will allow. If you aren't running as Administrator on Windows, for example, and have not installed the access service MakeMKV includes in recent versions. Or you're operating the machine remotely, and haven't set the security policies to allow for it.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
hoth80

Post by hoth80 »

Is the drive have a region set? Even running a software to region bypass often the drive must be set to some region first before it can be bypass.