0 Titles Saved - The Lone Gunmen NTSC R1

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
therealjoeblow

0 Titles Saved - The Lone Gunmen NTSC R1

Post by therealjoeblow »

I get errors on most of the episodes in this set, they fail to save.

Once MakeMKV starts, it reads the file at <1x (0.1x, 0.2x), I hear the harddrive chunking for several seconds then it says 0 titles saved, 3 errors or however many episodes are on the disc.

On some of the discs (6 disc set) it saves one of the 3 episodes, but fails on most of them.

Not a disc problem, MKVMergeGui has no problem with these if I simply drag the vob files into it, it makes MKV's just fine.

I tried to rerip the discs to harddrive with DVDFab, and get exactly the same results.

These are backup discs with all protections already removed.
setarip_old

Re: 0 Titles Saved - The Lone Gunmen NTSC R1

Post by setarip_old »

@therealjoeblow

Hi!
These are backup discs with all protections already removed.

Try processing your original, commercial discs using ONLY Make MKV directly (NO DVDFab, AnyDVDHD,k etc. running)

therealjoeblow

Post by therealjoeblow »

I'll just use MKVMerge GUI instead - it works and MakeMKV doesn't...

BTW, DVDFab 8's "MKV remux" feature also has no issue with these discs.

Whatever MakeMKV is doing, it's doing it wrong if it can't process simple unencrypted discs that other tools can...

The REAL Joe
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
therealjoeblow

Post by therealjoeblow »

Nope.

Because I stand by my original opinion - MakeMKV is doing something fundamentally wrong if it can't extract simple MPEG2 video and AC3 audio and remux it from unencrypted discs, like any number of other tools can. There's nothing tricky about doing that, the techniques are well documented, and no number of log files are going to help if this tool is doing it all wrong from the get-go.

Cheers
The REAL Joe
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

therealjoeblow wrote:Nope. Because I stand by my original opinion - MakeMKV is doing something fundamentally wrong if it can't extract simple MPEG2 video and AC3 audio and remux it from unencrypted discs, like any number of other tools can.
MakeMKV is supposed to do just that but apparently there is an error in MakeMKV. It's impossible to diagnose this particular error without log and IFO files.