Toy Story 3

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
carolinabroker

Toy Story 3

Post by carolinabroker »

I'm trying to create a copy of Toy Story 3. The MakeMKV program completes successfully, but the movie files cut off the first few chapters of the movie. Instead of opening with the credits, it starts with the barrel of monkeys flying out of the plane. Any help or ideas? I'm running the latest version of MakeMKV on Windows Vista.
setarip_old

Re: Toy Story 3

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

In light of the fact that you're the only person to have reported a problem with this extremely popular disc since it's U.S. release on November 2nd, I'd suggest that your problem is caused either by your source material or your ripping procedure:

1) Is your source material an original, commercial DVD (as it should be)?

2) Are you using ONLY MakeMKV DIRECTLY to rip the DVD (as you should be, with NO other program, such as AnyDVD or DVDFab, running ineither the background or foreground)?

3) Does your original, commercial DVD play from the correct beginning point when you play it on the same system as you played the.MKV file that you've created?

crowfax

Post by crowfax »

He is not the only person with this issue, I also had this issue. Please do the following:
http://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@crowfax

Hi!

1) The link you've provided doesn't appear to be applicable to the OP's dilemma. He/She states:
The MakeMKV program completes successfully

2) Before I posted here, I searched the sub-forums and found no postings regarding this DVD. Please post a link to your previous post regarding "Toy Story 3".

3) Since you state that you "had the same issue", please be good enough to state how it was resolved.

crowfax

Post by crowfax »

setarip_old wrote:The link you've provided doesn't appear to be applicable to the OP's dilemma.
It's directly related to the issue, the DVD opens but none of the titles listed are the main movie. So basically, the disc doesn't open correctly.
setarip_old wrote:Before I posted here, I searched the sub-forums and found no postings regarding this DVD. Please post a link to your previous post regarding "Toy Story 3".
I didn't post about it, the DVD doesn't open correctly, it's not something that can be fixed by the community. It's going to require a program update.
setarip_old wrote:Since you state that you "had the same issue", please be good enough to state how it was resolved.
If I has resolved the issue, I would not have suggested that the OP email the DVD files and debug log to support, which is what I did.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
superbob

Post by superbob »

I'm having the exact same issue. I got my copy from redbox. I don't know if that makes a difference, but the word 'Rental' is actually in the Drive label of the DVD.
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

superbob wrote:I'm having the exact same issue. I got my copy from redbox. I don't know if that makes a difference, but the word 'Rental' is actually in the Drive label of the DVD.
Rental editions typically have more adverts and trailers and less special features than the retail editions. Send your logs in the manner described here:
http://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@superbob

Hi!
got my copy from redbox...the word 'Rental' is actually in the Drive label of the DVD.
At the MakeMKV forum, it's inappropriate to discuss media that you haven't purchased...