Navigation Error

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
IrascibleNinja

Navigation Error

Post by IrascibleNinja »

Hi, I've been using MakeMKV for a while now with no problems until recently. I've been trying to make some backups of some series I own on DVD and whilst I can copy most of the seasons sometimes I get whole seasons that skip all (or almost all) episodes due to navigation errors. As you can imagine this is slightly annoying when I have ripped Seasons 1,2,3 and 5 but am unable to do Season 4 (for example).

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or if there were any known issues or fixes? I've looked at a few other posts about navigation errors but nobody seemed to have a fix. I understand why the navigation error occurs, just not if there are work-arounds or fixes. I even tried to use DVDShrink followed by Handbrake to get the episodes but to no avail.

So far I have tried:
- Cleaning the disc (thoroughly, and waxing it)
- Using a different (internal) disc drive
- Using other software

I would be more than happy to provide a debug log if it is required, the only reason I haven't right now is because it's late and i'm about to go to sleep. Right now, I'm just looking for a general feel of if there is a solution but I understand that this can be pretty specific and I imagine it's something annoying like a mastering error.

For those that are interested some, but by no means all, of the discs I'm having trouble with are as follows:
- Cold Feet Series 3 (Disc 1) [Region 2]
- Cold Feet Series 3 (Disc 2) [Region 2]
- Peep Show Series 3 [Region 2]
d00zah

Re: Navigation Error

Post by d00zah »