Grown Ups

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
Jwd41190

Grown Ups

Post by Jwd41190 »

I keep getting these errors when trying to use makemkv.

Calculated BUP offset for VTS #0 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #1 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #2 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #3 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #4 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #5 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #6 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #7 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #8 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #9 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #10 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #11 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #12 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #13 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #14 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #15 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #16 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #17 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #18 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #19 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #20 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #21 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #22 does not match one in IFO header.
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #23 does not match one in IFO header.
Cells 32-31 were skipped due to cell commands (structure protection?)
Cells 34-end were skipped due to cell commands (structure protection?)
Title #0 was added (30 cell(s), 1:41:54)
Cells 2-end were skipped due to cell commands (structure protection?)
Title #1 was added (1 cell(s), 0:04:09)
Title #2 was added (1 cell(s), 0:03:50)
Title #3 was added (1 cell(s), 0:07:09)
Cells 7-end were skipped due to cell commands (structure protection?)
Title #47 was added (6 cell(s), 0:13:07)
Title #49 was added (1 cell(s), 0:02:33)
Title #50 was added (1 cell(s), 0:02:27)
Title #51 was added (1 cell(s), 0:02:37)
Title #52 has length of 99 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #53 was added (1 cell(s), 0:02:32)
Title #54 was added (1 cell(s), 0:02:39)
Title #55 was added (1 cell(s), 0:02:31)
Title #56 was added (1 cell(s), 0:02:26)
Title #58 was added (1 cell(s), 0:02:05)
Title #59 was added (1 cell(s), 0:02:32)
Title #60 has length of 63 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #61 was added (1 cell(s), 0:02:32)
Title #62 has length of 101 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #63 was added (1 cell(s), 0:02:27)
Title #75 has length of 1 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #76 has length of 86 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #87 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #88/1 has length of 8 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #88/2 has length of 8 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #88/3 has length of 1 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #89 has length of 1 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #89/1 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #89/2 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #89/3 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #89/4 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #89/5 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #89/6 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #89/7 has length of 5 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Operation successfully completed
crowfax

Re: Grown Ups

Post by crowfax »

Those are not errors, they're information.

What problem are you having?
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
Jwd41190

Post by Jwd41190 »

crowfax wrote:Those are not errors, they're information.

What problem are you having?
oh ok...well it will output the movie find but when I play it on my bluray player off the hard drive the sub titles start automatically. I did go and turn then off and then it freezes. Any idea why?
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

Jwd41190 wrote:when I play it on my bluray player off the hard drive the sub titles start automatically
Most players have an option for subtitles on or off by default, check and see if your player has one?
Jwd41190 wrote:I did go and turn then off and then it freezes.
The player itself crashes?
Jwd41190 wrote:Any idea why?
Your players firmware isn't any good?

What make an model is your bluray player? Perhaps they have a forum you can ask for help on?
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
Jwd41190

Post by Jwd41190 »

I have an LG BD530. I just got it a few days ago so it is brand new. I do see where I can turn subtitles off be default but for only movies that are inserted by disc. The player it self freezes and locks up when the movies is playing (via my external hard drive) and I tried to turn the subtitles off. I mean it is 100% froze. The power button won't even turn it off. I have to unplug the power from it. However, it will play fine with the subititles enable or if I make the mkv without the subitites it will play fine. It is just when they are enable and I tried to turn them off it freezes.
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

Sounds like you've found a bug. You should notify LG:

http://www.lg.com/us/support/contact/su ... essage.jsp
Jwd41190

Post by Jwd41190 »

Ok, I will do that but is there also any way to not have the subtitles start automatically or do I just have to leave them out when making my mkv until lg releases a fireware update.
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

Jwd41190 wrote:Ok, I will do that but is there also any way to not have the subtitles start automatically or do I just have to leave them out when making my mkv until lg releases a fireware update.
You eill have to wait for LG to fix it.
Jwd41190

Post by Jwd41190 »

crowfax wrote:
Jwd41190 wrote:Ok, I will do that but is there also any way to not have the subtitles start automatically or do I just have to leave them out when making my mkv until lg releases a fireware update.
You eill have to wait for LG to fix it.
I understand that, but there should be an option in Makemkv that will let you choose whether you want the subtitles to start automatically or not if I include them in the mkv file.
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

There are 3 options when writing subtitles to an MKV files.
Yes = Subtitles forced on
No = Subtitles forced off
Default = The "default track" flag is a hint for the playback application and SHOULD always be changeable by the user.

MakeMKV flags the subtitles as "default", which means the player and the user decide if they want them on or off. The problem you have is with LG, not MakeMKV.
Jwd41190

Post by Jwd41190 »

crowfax wrote:There are 3 options when writing subtitles to an MKV files.
Yes = Subtitles forced on
No = Subtitles forced off
Default = The "default track" flag is a hint for the playback application and SHOULD always be changeable by the user.

MakeMKV flags the subtitles as "default", which means the player and the user decide if they want them on or off. The problem you have is with LG, not MakeMKV.
Well yes and no. LG does have a problem with disable subtitles if they come on automically. It will freeze. That is true lg needs to fix that issue. But lets say they have fixed it. Still when I play a mkv the subtitles start automatically, I do not want that to happen I want to have the option to use them only if I desire. When I insert a dvd the subtitles do not start automatically I can choose then if I wish thought. So how do I choose the option in Makemkv to add the subtitles to the mkv file but not to set it to play automatically, only when the use chooses to do so. I know it can be done because handbrake allows me to do this, but it takes forever to reencode the files and this program is so much faster. Thanks again!
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

Jwd41190 wrote: Still when I play a mkv the subtitles start automatically, I do not want that to happen
LG need to add an option to disable subtitles by default.
Jwd41190 wrote:When I insert a dvd the subtitles do not start automatically I can choose then if I wish thought
Because the software in your player tells it not to by default, or the option is set via the DVD's menu (e.g: foreign language films).
Jwd41190 wrote: So how do I choose the option in Makemkv to add the subtitles to the mkv file but not to set it to play automatically
MakeMKV sets the stream properties so that the player decides if the subtitles display by default. Seems logical to me.
Jwd41190 wrote:I know it can be done because handbrake allows me to do this
It probably sets the flag to "off".
Jwd41190 wrote:but it takes forever to reencode the files and this program is so much faster
If you want to change the flags without re-encoding then download mkvtoolnix (it's free) and use the MKVmergeGUI program (on Windows it's the mmg.exe) that comes with it. It will allow you to change all the settings for the streams.
Jwd41190

Post by Jwd41190 »

ok thanks!!