Making MKV for new DVD results in MKV files from previously used DVD

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
Lanyard

Making MKV for new DVD results in MKV files from previously used DVD

Post by Lanyard »

I had successfully made MKVs of "The Hurricane Express" which made 12 MKVs. I went on to make several more MKVs without any problems.

When making an MKV of The Naked Gun 2 much later, it instead spit out 12 MKVs of "The Hurricane Express". I closed MakeMKV and reopened, and then it made the Naked Gun MKVs.

I went to do another DVD, and again it gave me 12 MKVs of "The Hurricane Express". I closed MakeMKV again and reopened, and it worked properly for that DVD.

Because this has happened twice now, even after closing the program, is there something I can do to make sure it doesn't happen again like clearing specific settings?

Edit: On the next DVD this is occurring again and giving me more Hurricane Express.
Lanyard

Re: Making MKV for new DVD results in MKV files from previously used DVD

Post by Lanyard »

Fixed!

This was related to an earlier issue where I had ripped DVDs with DVD Decrypter as ISOs while MakeMKV failed to extract the MKVs. Apparently this disc ISO was never "ejected" and something triggered it suddenly to be read before the physical disc in the drive. I do not know why it went so long without causing a problem.

I forced it to eject and located the forgotten ISO and deleted it. The DVDs are processing properly now.
Woodstock

Re: Making MKV for new DVD results in MKV files from previously used DVD

Post by Woodstock »

Are you mounting the ISOs? MakeMKV can open DVD ISO files directly. BD ISOs are a bit trickier, but it can do them, too.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging