Dad's Army Season 5 Disc 2 Title 3

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
pneumatic

Dad's Army Season 5 Disc 2 Title 3

Post by pneumatic »

Hello

I just wanted to report a compatibility issue with MakeMKV and title_t03.mkv from this disc.

MakeMKV stalls at about 75% of extracting title_t03.mkv with no error output in the log and no further updates of the progress bar. Then after clicking cancel it reports "Operation was cancelled (140)' occurred while reading '/VIDEO_TS/VTS_02_1.VOB' at offset '1086066688'".

All of the other titles extract without issue.

The ISO does not appear corrupt as I can open it in XMediaRecode and extract all titles without issue, and no errors reported by

Code: Select all

"C:\program files\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" -v error -i "C:\title_t03.mkv" -f null NUL
Just wanted to report this in case it helps improve future versions of MakeMKV. Thanks.
pneumatic

Re: Dad's Army Season 5 Disc 2 Title 3

Post by pneumatic »

Hmm I wonder if these reports are related
ArrowSwift wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:03 am
Then all of a sudden it would just stop. No error message, no indication that anything was wrong. It just stopped...The read rate stays the same, but the remaining and elapsed just keep going up and up with no progress made.
GuineaPigs247 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:20 pm
Some of my TV shows DVDs just stop loading at 103.8k. I have bought 2 disk drives, thinking that there was an issue with the original drive, but these disks stop on both!
Has anyone been able to reproduce the issue with the disc in OP?
EddieK

Re: Dad's Army Season 5 Disc 2 Title 3

Post by EddieK »

I have a similar error with the first disc of Band of Brothers. The other 5 disc (including special feature disc) were ripped just fine with no issue. It's just that one disc. I could not see any kind of blemishes that might have caused it.

I hope someone can shed some light on this.