Matrix from 1999 won't copy

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
Wally

Matrix from 1999 won't copy

Post by Wally »

I have been trying to copy the Matrix from 1999 and I get the following error.

MakeMKV v1.17.6 win(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Title #2 has length of 12 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Failed to open disc

The Disk plays normally and has no scratches.
d00zah

Re: Matrix from 1999 won't copy

Post by d00zah »

Wally wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:08 pm
I have been trying to copy the Matrix from 1999 and I get the following error.

MakeMKV v1.17.6 win(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Title #2 has length of 12 seconds which is less than minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Failed to open disc

The Disk plays normally and has no scratches.
Well, "Auto" didn't cut it. Try one of these (CellTrim?):

DVD opening modes - CellWalk, CellTrim, CellFull
pccousins

Post by pccousins »

I am having the same issue as the original post. I tried opening the dvd manually and saving title 1 (which VLC tells me is the correct title). The file saves successfully, BUT the first 2.5-3 mins are cut off (the opening credits and Trinity's initial skirmish with the agents). I have not been able to find anything in the forums that would correct the issue of MakeMKV cutting off these minutes of a show. Thoughts?
postal_24

Post by postal_24 »

Had same kind of problem here with getting it ripped from my disc, and when I finally did get it ripped, it started several minutes into the movie.

Eventually I found that using "CellFull" worked to expose more. Once that brought up the list of media to rip, check carefully for a slightly bigger file among the mess of junk that shows up in the list. I found a slightly bigger file that was the correct one to rip and that worked.

I had two copies of Matrix 1 actually and both exhibit these symptoms (bought at different times so I doubt they are the same "run" of the movie).

There is something going on with this movie and others like the move "300" (also from WB...). I have same issue with 300 but haven't worked out how to solve that one yet. Maybe it's a WB DVD thing?