Not getting complete titles

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
wadebear

Not getting complete titles

Post by wadebear »

On the DVDs for _Daria: The Complete Animated Series_ I'm not getting the complete titles.

Some of the titles have alternate versions with bonus "Daria Day" intros. It sees the titles and shows the correct number of chapters (1 more than the title without the intro), but it's not ripping the intro. Basically, it's skipping over the first chapter.

It doesn't always do it, but most of the time it does. I actually gave up after the second disc and am using other software at this point.

This is not a length issue. My ignore setting was 10 seconds and the intros are longer than 10 seconds. I even tried setting it to 0 seconds with no results (other than a bunch of short stuff showing up).
sharkspace

Re: Not getting complete titles

Post by sharkspace »

Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem as the OP (Daria - Complete Animated Series, Disc 1), but thought I could provide some extra info.

The logs are attached - this is just for the analysis of the disc, not trying to grab the titles from it. There some interesting lines in there regarding getting rid of certain cells etc.

MakeMKV does seem to find the extra chapters, but they don't get ripped properly. If you look at the screenshot below, you'll see two highlighted lines - one is the normal title w/ 5 chapters, and one is the title with the extra intro w/ 6 chapters.

Interestingly, they are both the same size (814.4MB), which is what I end up getting if I rip either or both of these titles - the exact same content! Out of the 3 episodes that have an extra intro, only one works - the second-last title in the screenshot has 5 chapters and is 1001.5MB. There are no other titles with that same size, indicating that if MakeMKV can see the actual size of the title, it will rip it properly.

MakeMKV is brilliant little program - it's helped my DVD archival project massively! Hopefully someone can help with this minor issue.

Thanks very much!
Attachments
MakeMKV_log.txt
(5.86 KiB) Downloaded 474 times
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Please send IFO files per http://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8/catid/6 if you haven't already.
sharkspace

Post by sharkspace »

Great - I haven't done that yet, but will do ASAP. Thanks very much!
Yugatha

Post by Yugatha »

Hi,

I Know when I tried to backup my copy of the Daria Animated Series, I just Chose the first few options. TBH, as much fun as it is watching that intro clip, its not necessary, and it makes it easier to backup / smaller. Some of them ended up with the intro anyway, but some didn't. Luck of the draw

Yugatha
Aeolus426

Post by Aeolus426 »

Has anyone found a solution to this? I just recently got this box set and I'm having this issue as well. DVD decreypter doesn't like coping the intros either...