The Matrix Collection

Please post here for issues related to DVD discs
garzjoe

The Matrix Collection

Post by garzjoe »

Hello all...first time posting. I'm pretty new to this, just learned about MakeMKV recently and I have to say overall it's pretty awesome piece of software!

Anyway on to my problem...I've been using MakeMKV on on a Windows PC [MakeMKV v1.7.10 win(x86-release)] and everything has worked great so far. However I have this Matrix Collection set I got does not work, I think its a cheaper set (not sure just a guess). I got it as a white elephant gift or something, all I know is I had not even opened it till I wanted to run it through MakeMKV recently.

Anyway the collection has 2 DVD's with 4 films...the first DVD has "The Matrix" on one side and the "Matrix Reloaded" on the other. The second DVD has "The Matrix Revolutions" on one side and "The Animatrix" on the other side.

So I have tried and failed to create MKV files from these DVD's, I will attach my logs and hope that people wiser than myself can let me know why it's failing.

Thx,
Joe
Attachments
MakeMKV_log.txt
This is a log from the most recent failure I had.
(800.84 KiB) Downloaded 457 times
setarip_old

Re: The Matrix Collection

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!
I think its a cheaper set ...

...the collection has 2 DVD's with 4 films...the first DVD has "The Matrix" on one side and the "Matrix Reloaded" on the other. The second DVD has "The Matrix Revolutions" on one side and "The Animatrix" on the other side.

Two "flippers" (I haven't seen a commercial flipper in perhaps 15 years), I certainly agree with your estimation that "It's a cheaper set." I'd speculate that it's a set of bootleg videos...

Not that a "Yes" answer proves anything, whereas a "No" answer would but - Are you able to play each of the four sides/movies from start to end?

crowfax

Post by crowfax »

setarip_old wrote:I'd speculate that it's a set of bootleg videos...
This set is available in Target in the USA, it's not bootleg. Please try to avoid spreading FUD, if you're not familiar with something then simply don't comment. For your interests, here is the front cover:
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@crowfax

I stand by what I posted. Feel free to re-read it carefully.

The fact that you have specific knowledge does not make my post "fud" (specifically stating that "Two 'flippers' [I haven't seen a commercial flipper in perhaps 15 years], I certainly agree with your estimation that "It's a cheaper set." I'd speculate that it's a set of bootleg videos...")

I used the word "speculate" with great care and intention, because although I personally have not seen a commercial flipper released in many moons, it is possible that one/some does/do exist.

Perhaps more importantly, you chose to ignore the final, perhaps most important part of my post, to wit:
Not that a "Yes" answer proves anything, whereas a "No" answer would but - Are you able to play each of the four sides/movies from start to end?

Crowfax, I'd suggest that this forum is not the place for "flaming"...

garzjoe

Post by garzjoe »

setarip_old wrote:Hi!
I think its a cheaper set ...

...the collection has 2 DVD's with 4 films...the first DVD has "The Matrix" on one side and the "Matrix Reloaded" on the other. The second DVD has "The Matrix Revolutions" on one side and "The Animatrix" on the other side.

Two "flippers" (I haven't seen a commercial flipper in perhaps 15 years), I certainly agree with your estimation that "It's a cheaper set." I'd speculate that it's a set of bootleg videos...

crowfax wrote:
setarip_old wrote:I'd speculate that it's a set of bootleg videos...
This set is available in Target in the USA, it's not bootleg. Please try to avoid spreading FUD, if you're not familiar with something then simply don't comment. For your interests, here is the front cover:
Yeah that's the same DVD I have got, it does not appear to be a bootleg but then again I can't say 100% as I did not purchase it myself but got as a gift.

To answer the other question yes I can play it in my Blu-Ray player no issues. Anyway way guys not a real big issue just though I'd ask others with more knowledge than myself. I also uploaded my log file, not sure if that helps or not.

Thx,
Joe