Avatar Extended playlists not recognized

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
peervh

Re: Avatar Extended playlists not recognized

Post by peervh »

crowfax wrote:Opening disc with MakMKV while AnyDVD running = works
Opening Folder Structure made by AnyDVD with MakeMKV = failed.
Oh, and btw, can you confirm that it really makes a difference whether you open the copied folder structure or access the disc directly? (Sure, you didn't coincidentally untick the "remove PUOs" option)

That would be very strange, as it really should make absolutely no difference.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@peervh

There's no need to be gross and/or nasty. No one is "puking all over" you. I've simply quoted to you the same thing the owner of this forum has quoted to others posting similar things about ALL partially similar/alternative/competing software.

If, in fact, you are the same "Peer" that is an employee of SlySoft, you certainly could, with little extra effort suggest that the poster join you at your company's forum (PM, perhaps, if he/she is not a member of your company's forum), where you can offer whatever fix is necessary your company's program...

peervh

Post by peervh »

It is unclear whether this is a MakeMKV problem or AnyDVD - but most likely a bug in MakeMKV from what I can tell so far.

I really don't care in which forum this is handled, I'll leave that kind of useless nitpicking to you.
I believe in solving problems and would have been delighted to assist - but it appears you've successfully scared away those with the required input, thanks to your wannabe moderator attitude.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Please stop your intentionally inflammatory posting...

crowfax

Post by crowfax »

Hi Peer,

Thanks for coming to help, I for one am glad you're here. Can you clarify this statement for me?
Oh, and btw, can you confirm that it really makes a difference whether you open the copied folder structure or access the disc directly.
The only testing I've done this far is:

1. Have AnyDVD running in the background and then tell MakeMKV to process the disc in the drive.
2. Rip the disc to my hard drive (via AnyDVD's "rip video DVD to hard disk" option) and then tell MakeMKV to open the index.bdmv file, which then fails.

I may have had PUO's ticked, I don't have my Windows laptop with me right now. I can test again if it's going to help bug fixing?
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@crowfax

Based on your post on Page 1 of this thread, it certainly sounded like your problem was solved, using MakeMKV DIRECTLY, when you said:
However the issue no longer matters as the latest svq allows the disc to be opened directly in MakeMKV and the errors no longer occur.
Has something changed since that post, or have I misinterpreted it?

If I've misinterpreted it, please be good enough to explain...

crowfax

Post by crowfax »

setarip_old, I refer you to this post on page one, from Mike:
mike admin wrote:
crowfax wrote:However the issue no longer matters
It does, AnyDVD did something to MPLS files so MakeMKV would fail. I would like to understand what exactly; please post or send the debug log.
If you have no interest in helping, please stop cluttering this thread. I have been asked to troubleshoot both by Mike, as well as Peer from Slysoft, I'm going to continue doing so.
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
peervh

Post by peervh »

Thank you crowfax, atm I'm afraid, you cant do much testing, before it's resolved.
But that shouldn't take long.

mike: the only differences between the original files and the modified ones are:

1. UOPs set to 0, I'm quite sure that is not a problem?
2. removed a (superfluous) null dword at the end

About the latter: all those files (bdmv, mpls, ...) have this extension data block - or rather not.
There's a pointer to it in the file header and when it is zero, there usually is no data appended. Some authoring tools append a length field of zero anyway.
I've seen it on rare occasions, usually it's not there. So I'm quite sure it shouldn't be there, as it also make no sense.

But if that's really the problem that MakeMKV is having, I don't understand why there is no problem with other discs that don't have this appendix anyway.

If you tell me, that the field is required, I can make sure that it is retained in future versions. But that would be a little "messy" imo.
Last edited by peervh on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

Ok Peer, thanks for the update. I shall wait until yourself / Mike need my input.
peervh

Post by peervh »

crowfax wrote:Ok Peer, thanks for the update. I shall wait until yourself / Mike need my input.
One thing, I'd like to ask from you, but that only concerns AnyDVD - you have blocked reception of PMs, so I'd like to ask you to contact me on our forum, don't know if you are registered there.
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

peervh wrote:One thing, I'd like to ask from you, but that only concerns AnyDVD - you have blocked reception of PMs, so I'd like to ask you to contact me on our forum, don't know if you are registered there.
Humm, I thought I'd turned them on. Never mind, I'll PM you on your forum.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Thanks to everyone who helped - the problem solved. It is indeed a bug in AnyDVD - next version of MakeMKV will have a workaround.
peervh

Post by peervh »

mike admin wrote:Thanks to everyone who helped - the problem solved. It is indeed a bug in AnyDVD - next version of MakeMKV will have a workaround.
Thanks for the info.
Btw. it's not so much a bug as a deliberate neglectance (AnyDVD has to do this stuff on the fly, that makes things "bulky"), but I'll see to it that we handle the backups in upcoming versions.
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

Thanks to Mike for working quickly, and to Peer who took the time to come here and help out. You're both awesome.