Mullholland Drive Criterion

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
bhampster

Mullholland Drive Criterion

Post by bhampster »

Hi,

Just opened my Mulholland dr Blu ray and it acts damaged failing with an IO error.

I wiped it (though it looks perfect) and also tried a backup instead of making MKV... neither of these worked.

Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:NO SEEK COMPLETE' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00274.m2ts' at offset '2248409088'

Edit - I also searched the boards for Mulholland Drive and came up empty.
Woodstock

Re: Mullholland Drive Criterion

Post by Woodstock »

The NO SEEK COMPLETE is at the drive/operating system level. Sometimes it is a dirty or damaged disk, sometimes it is one poorly mastered.

More likely is a USB-powered optical drive that is spinning too fast for the power available. It will manifest as the read rate starts to peak out.

Were there other errors about IO errors that followed the NO SEEK error?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
averylinden

Post by averylinden »

This doesn't help your particular problem - but a few months ago I did successfully rip the US Criterion version of M.D. So it may be your disc or drive.
bhampster

Post by bhampster »

Sorry,

I watched the movie with my PS3 and it seems the disc is damaged. I suppose I could try looking at it again and cleaning it once more. However, I really think it's just damaged. Hopefully Criterion or Barnes and Nobil can replace it but I don't think I saved the B&N reciept. Hopefully Criterion will replace it.

This is a good reason not to have sealed criterions ... I only had this one sealed because I was waiting for just the right time to watch it... I usually watch (or convert) my movies right away.

-Brian
bhampster

Post by bhampster »

The forth time I cleaned the disc after getting an OK by Criterion to return it for replacement, I saw what looked like a short hair thin scratch on the surface.... Working it slightly with my thumb I discovered it was actual a particle of some sort that then came loose.

The disc plays and rips fine now.