"Fake playlist" protection - help needed

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Sush1988

Re: "Fake playlist" protection - help needed

Post by Sush1988 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:25 pm

I ripped Johnwick both versions, Both are having Fake playlists.

Any solution found for the process ?

Woodstock

Post by Woodstock » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:12 pm

As mentioned above, for the BLURAY version of JW and JW2, MakeMKV detects the proper play list and highlights it near the top of the listing.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: https://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8

jayper

Post by jayper » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:29 pm

Posting here for some visibility. In the last month or so, I have noticed two Lionsgate titles which MakeMKV suggests the incorrect playlist:

Gloria Bell - https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19711

High Life - https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19918

Is there something specific about Lionsgate that makes playlist identification more difficult, or is it a coincidence that they are both Lionsgate titles?

dbtayag

Post by dbtayag » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:30 am

jayper wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:29 pm
Posting here for some visibility. In the last month or so, I have noticed two Lionsgate titles which MakeMKV suggests the incorrect playlist:

Gloria Bell - https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19711

High Life - https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19918

Is there something specific about Lionsgate that makes playlist identification more difficult, or is it a coincidence that they are both Lionsgate titles?
Not a coincidence. If it is a Lionsgate title, it will most likely have fake playlists.

Sush1988

Post by Sush1988 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:54 pm

What is the best solution as of now for the Fake playlist of all Lionsgate movies ? I appreciate your advice.

Mr_Orange

Post by Mr_Orange » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:53 am

Apologies for the newbie question, but what happens if I have ripped and re-encoded the wrong playlist?

On the few, that I have encountered, and I didn't make a note of which these were, I have just picked the largest or first.

TIA.

rco133

Post by rco133 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:51 am

If you pick the wrong playlist one of several Things can happen.

1. At some point during the movie, a screen will show some text saying that this is not an original disk, but a copy. This usually lasts for 5-10 seconds, or more, and can be at any point in the movie.

2. The order of the m2ts files is wrong, which means that the flow of the movie will make no sense, since the encode will jump to wrong Places in the movie when it changes to the next m2ts file.

Lionsgate seems to be getting better and better at hiding the correct playlist. I have even seen the method with PowerDVD and proccess monitor turn up the wrong playlist. Guess they have some way to detect that proccess monitor is running or whatever.

I find the only trustworthy way to find the correct playlist, is the hard way. Extract all the playlists to a file, sort it, and then simply play the m2ts files manually to find how they should play. When there is 400+ playlists, it can take some time. But after sorting the list, one can very fast narrow it Down to maybe 20 or so playlists, since all the others makes absolutely no sense, when playing the files.

Mr_Orange

Post by Mr_Orange » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:54 pm

rco133 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:51 am
If you pick the wrong playlist one of several Things can happen.

1. At some point during the movie, a screen will show some text saying that this is not an original disk, but a copy. This usually lasts for 5-10 seconds, or more, and can be at any point in the movie.

2. The order of the m2ts files is wrong, which means that the flow of the movie will make no sense, since the encode will jump to wrong Places in the movie when it changes to the next m2ts file.

Lionsgate seems to be getting better and better at hiding the correct playlist. I have even seen the method with PowerDVD and proccess monitor turn up the wrong playlist. Guess they have some way to detect that proccess monitor is running or whatever.

I find the only trustworthy way to find the correct playlist, is the hard way. Extract all the playlists to a file, sort it, and then simply play the m2ts files manually to find how they should play. When there is 400+ playlists, it can take some time. But after sorting the list, one can very fast narrow it Down to maybe 20 or so playlists, since all the others makes absolutely no sense, when playing the files.
Thank you for your reply.

I guess I could be in for some suprises in the future then.

I have only completed about 20 of my BD collection and many of them only had single playlists so it might not be too hard for me to go back and double-check them now.

At least I know to look out for them now and spend some time working out the correct playlist.

DarthSolidus

Post by DarthSolidus » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:56 pm

Update. I just tried to rip JW3 and the programs give 400 titles. I even enabled JRE but to no vail. I saved the first option but when I scrubbed it the scenes where completely off. :( :(