Hacksaw Ridge

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
caw789
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 12:37 am

Re: Hacksaw Ridge

Post by caw789 » Fri May 19, 2017 12:39 am

When I select the correct title, there is no option for any HD Audio in the pulldown. Am I missing something?

hvnphoto
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:38 am

Re: Hacksaw Ridge

Post by hvnphoto » Fri May 19, 2017 1:19 am

caw789 wrote:When I select the correct title, there is no option for any HD Audio in the pulldown. Am I missing something?
Rental copies do not include the TrueHD 7.1 Atmos if that is what you're looking for.

caw789
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 12:37 am

Re: Hacksaw Ridge

Post by caw789 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:50 am

Oh ok, thank you.

nepenthe
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:11 am

Re: Hacksaw Ridge

Post by nepenthe » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:39 am

theonegod wrote:
czmartinez wrote:Any clue on the Redbox Version?
I am a little confused why you would ask. Not trying to be negative, but at least for me, MakeMKV tells me which one is the feature film in the most current version with this title.

So what am I missing. I am running the current version, but I have never seen anything that says feature film. I have looked for months now, since it was first posted that it is there.

Woodstock
Posts: 7469
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Re: Hacksaw Ridge

Post by Woodstock » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:00 pm

You will only get that notification if the disk has playlist obfuscation AND MakeMKV detects and can use the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) from java.com.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: https://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8

nepenthe
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:11 am

Re: Hacksaw Ridge

Post by nepenthe » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:25 pm

Woodstock wrote:You will only get that notification if the disk has playlist obfuscation AND MakeMKV detects and can use the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) from java.com.
I have the JRE installed, it even looks for the JRE before it will even analyze the .iso

yorgo
Posts: 357
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:28 pm
Location: Left of Center

Re: Hacksaw Ridge

Post by yorgo » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:33 pm

nepenthe wrote:
Woodstock wrote:You will only get that notification if the disk has playlist obfuscation AND MakeMKV detects and can use the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) from java.com.
I have the JRE installed, it even looks for the JRE before it will even analyze the .iso
Are you using the original BD disc or an .iso file? If the latter, it may not work depending on how the .iso was created.

nepenthe
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:11 am

Re: Hacksaw Ridge

Post by nepenthe » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:33 am

yorgo wrote:
nepenthe wrote:
Woodstock wrote:You will only get that notification if the disk has playlist obfuscation AND MakeMKV detects and can use the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) from java.com.
I have the JRE installed, it even looks for the JRE before it will even analyze the .iso
Are you using the original BD disc or an .iso file? If the latter, it may not work depending on how the .iso was created.
I use anydvd and rip the whole BD in an .iso

Woodstock
Posts: 7469
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Re: Hacksaw Ridge

Post by Woodstock » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:31 pm

Mike's original post about this said the Java code on the disk would NOT work on a backup or ISO.

I suspect it is probably something about the physical media that must be present or the code fails. One of the early copy protections on DVD was that a pressed DVD would have a "defective" sector would be manufactured into it that the programs looked for. If that sector was readable, it wasn't the original disk.
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: https://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8

Tetra
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:45 am

Re: Hacksaw Ridge

Post by Tetra » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:49 am

Has anyone else had an issue where Java crashes when trying to open Hacksaw Ridge? I have the "4K UHD + Blu-Ray + Digital HD" copy bought from Target a few weeks ago. I am on Linux, running the latest version of makemkv and have tried both OpenJDK and Java binaries.

jcmkv
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:14 am

Re: Hacksaw Ridge

Post by jcmkv » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:19 am

sweakley2012 wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:07 pm
Still looking for playlist for redbox Blu-ray version. Anyone solved this one yet?
515, 513, 503, 510, 505, 506, 508, 504, 502, 501, 514, 509, 520, 518, 516, 517, 512, 507

It is track t269.

Post Reply