Moonlight Correct Playlist

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
mnshptl32

Re: Moonlight Correct Playlist

Post by mnshptl32 »

This problem arises rather often. May I suggest a way for the community to deal with this?

If someone succeeds in obtaining a playable file, say film.mkv, would that person be so kind as to create snapshots every 10 minutes via a command like:

Code: Select all

mkdir /tmp/SNAPSHOTS ; for ((i=1;i<10;i++)) ; do ffmpeg -ss $((600*$i)) -i film.mkv -vframes 1 -qscale:v 31 /tmp/SNAPSHOTS/test_0$i.jpg ; done ; for ((i=10;i<30;i++)) ; do ffmpeg -ss $((600*$i)) -i film.mkv -vframes 1 -qscale:v 31 /tmp/SNAPSHOTS/test_$i.jpg ; done
and then post the snapshots somewhere others are able to see them to verify the correctness of their own playlists? For the average film, the JPEGs thus produced will have a total size of around 1 MB, so hopefully not too unwieldy to disseminate. Maybe there's a better time interval than 10 minutes, but I think that should suffice to distinguish a scrambled playlist from the correct one.

I'll be happy to do this for Moonlight (assuming my order is correct) if someone would please advise me where to upload the JPEGs. (Can they be attached to a post on this message board?)

Regards,
Maneesh