"Jackie" and "Assassin's Creed" blu ray no FUT...

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
dmillionz

Re: "Jackie" and "Assassin's Creed" blu ray no FUT...

Post by dmillionz »

Woodstock wrote:Do you have "Allow contacting web server for updates" checked in Preferences->General ?
Yes.
JediSamReye

Post by JediSamReye »

Just checking is there a way to know why movies have been fixed? I see it appears its pretty much just try it again later and see if it works. I would love to get my copy of Why Him onto my plex server. Thank you!
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Mike does not typically post "it's fixed!" messages. When I've had a NO FUTs issue, I just try the rip every few days after submitting the file.

If you do get a message from him, it will usually be to get more information... which means you gave him a brain twister. :)
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
DJRumpy

Post by DJRumpy »

This particular one has been fixed. You can normally watch the output and see the software will download a title specific fix, rather than using the generic key.

You might also try checking that you have the latest version of MakeMKV. I think he just released a new version 2 or 3 days ago.
dmillionz

Post by dmillionz »

DJRumpy wrote:This particular one has been fixed. You can normally watch the output and see the software will download a title specific fix, rather than using the generic key.

You might also try checking that you have the latest version of MakeMKV. I think he just released a new version 2 or 3 days ago.
I'm still getting the FUTs error on the AC 3D version from Amazon. And mine is still using the generic key. I emailed the dump file also a couple of days ago. Hoping to get it resolved before this weekend.
dmillionz

Post by dmillionz »

dmillionz wrote:
DJRumpy wrote:This particular one has been fixed. You can normally watch the output and see the software will download a title specific fix, rather than using the generic key.

I'm still getting the FUTs error on the AC 3D version from Amazon. And mine is still using the generic key. I emailed the dump file also a couple of days ago. Hoping to get it resolved before this weekend.
When will the Amazon Retail version of Assassin's Creed 3D be ready? I've never seen a title with FUT issues take this long to be resolved.
DJRumpy

Post by DJRumpy »

Mike will usually have them ready 3-5 days after you email him the dump file. You might try sending hm an email directly from this message board. He's a moderator on it.
JediSamReye

Post by JediSamReye »

Anyone happen to know if the movie "why him" has been updated? I lent it to my brother so I cant just pop it in and check. If it has been updated I will light a fire under him to get it back. thank you!
leehart00

Post by leehart00 »

I have attempted to rip Assassin's Creed several times. When I open the disc, I get one large file of approximately 26 gig. After ripping the movie and playing it, it's a narrated version. It doesn't show me any files that would be the full movie other than the one. Any ideas?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

When you open the disk, click on the little triangle next to the main title in the left menu. Look at the audio tracks. Make sure all of them are selected.

Does the ripped file now have the proper audio?

The automatic selection puts a priority on "better" audio sources, and it is POSSIBLE the narrated audio has better specs.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
DJRumpy

Post by DJRumpy »

It's more likely his or her video player selected the wrong audio track. By default MakeMKV will normally select all the surround tracks in your language, and it also selects the Dolby digital track.

If you want to be sure, ensure only the main movie is selected (uncheck any with chapters for example). Expand as described below. Uncheck again any audio tracks that are not 5.1 or 7.1. If you have a 7.1 tuner than select the 5.1 track. If you have a 5.1 tuner, deselect the 7.1 track instead.

That should leave you with the main video selected and one of either the 5.1 or 7.1 audio selected. Ignore the subtitles and allow it to pick whatever it prefers.

When it's done ripping by it should have one video track, one audio track, a chapter track, and any number of subtitle tracks.

It is NOT necessary to select the parent audio above the 5.1 just to get the 5.1 track. Only put a single check on the audio track you need.
dmillionz

Post by dmillionz »

leehart00 wrote:I have attempted to rip Assassin's Creed several times. When I open the disc, I get one large file of approximately 26 gig. After ripping the movie and playing it, it's a narrated version. It doesn't show me any files that would be the full movie other than the one. Any ideas?
You're not getting the FUT error? I can't get a clean rip of AC 3D due to this error. Been waiting for weeks. Not sure what's going on. Sent the dumps twice. Just tried again. Same error.
dmillionz

Post by dmillionz »

Is Mike still working on MakeMKV or has something else happened to him or the software? Is he flying solo in this deal? 2 weekends have passed with another here tomorrow and AC3D still has the FUT error. I'm really getting frustrated now paying for the software and I still can't get my movie into my library after all this time. I really expected this to be resolved way before now. Who else can do what needs to be done for this movie to convert properly?
DJRumpy

Post by DJRumpy »

When you first start ripping the disc, you should see a message in the main interface log that it's either using the generic svq, or downloading a title specific one. Just for grins can you post that info here?
dmillionz

Post by dmillionz »

DJRumpy wrote:When you first start ripping the disc, you should see a message in the main interface log that it's either using the generic svq, or downloading a title specific one. Just for grins can you post that info here?
MakeMKV v1.10.5 win(x64-release) started
Using direct disc access mode
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Loaded 133 SVQ file(s)
Processing BD+ code, please be patient - this may take up to few minutes
Processing BD+ code using generic SVQ from builtin/generic.svq
Saved BD+ dump file as C:\Users\X/.MakeMKV/dump_Assassin_s_Creed_59E24ECC93B4423D_D3.tgz