Error report for both blu-ray and DVD rips

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
mastercaster

Error report for both blu-ray and DVD rips

Post by mastercaster »

I get an error report of this: "Evaluation period has expired. Please purchase an activation key if you have found this application useful. You may still use all functionality without any restrictions."

Unless I'm blind ( and that thought has occurred to me) I haven't found anywhere to purchase an activation key. For the past year and a half I have used Makemkv with no problem whatsoever, but since the first of the year I keep getting the above messages no matter how many times I uninstall and re-install the program. It doesn't matter if it is a Blu-ray or a normal DVD. Same message every time. This comes up after I have put the disc into the tray and closed it, and the computer reads the disc and states the name of the movie. When it starts to read the disc, BAM! the same message. Need some guidance folks. Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, your my only hope.
d00zah

Re: Error report for both blu-ray and DVD rips

Post by d00zah »

DVD functionality is always free. BluRay functionality is free 'while MakeMKV is in beta':

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

If you enjoy the app, you should buy a license (if only to avoid angst associated with the expiration of the beta key & requisite wait for a new one to be issued :) ):

/buy/

'Purchase' option from the 'Help' menu.
mastercaster

Re: Error report for both blu-ray and DVD rips

Post by mastercaster »

Thanks d00zah!