The Rocky Horror Picture Show - countless of entries

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
BD-BD-BD

The Rocky Horror Picture Show - countless of entries

Post by BD-BD-BD »

RH.PNG
RH.PNG (54.46 KiB) Viewed 11408 times
Why does MakeMKV display so many tracks with massive size for The Rocky Horror Picture Show Blu-ray? Does this commonly happen with Blu-ray discs?
d00zah

Re: The Rocky Horror Picture Show - countless of entries

Post by d00zah »

Playlist obfuscation. Do you have Java installed? See:

https://makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16791
BD-BD-BD

Post by BD-BD-BD »

d00zah wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:15 pm
Playlist obfuscation. Do you have Java installed? See:

https://makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16791
I have Java SE 8 installed, "fake playlist" doesn't appear to be detected for this disc. I don't have any Blu-ray with "hundreds of playlists" at hand.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Batting near zero today... sorry.

Only other 'guess' I have is to try a title w/ 36 chapters & a runtime of ~01:40.08. It's an old film.

Also, do you have a 'minimum title length (in seconds)' set on the preferences > Video tab. Looks like MakeMKV is reporting ~all the video sequences on the disc. I set the value to '1500' (unless doing a TV series), which tends to weed out most but the main feature.
BD-BD-BD

Post by BD-BD-BD »

d00zah wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:43 pm
Only other 'guess' I have is to try a title w/ 36 chapters & a runtime of ~01:40.08. It's an old film.

Also, do you have a 'minimum title length (in seconds)' set on the preferences > Video tab. Looks like MakeMKV is reporting ~all the video sequences on the disc. I set the value to '1500' (unless doing a TV series), which tends to weed out most but the main feature.
I picked the first 27.8 GB playlist which is seemingly the right one. 27.8 GB (1:40:08) and 27.4 GB (1:38:40) titles all have the same length and only the "source file name" differs in all of the playlists — is it possible that these playlists are identical?
"minimum title length" is set to 1500 seconds (15 minutes), increasing it would be certainly eliminate the smaller playlists on this disc.
Grauhaar

Post by Grauhaar »

BD-BD-BD wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:32 am
is it possible that these playlists are identical?
If you click on the title, you see in the right windows of MakeMKV the Playlist number and the Segment map, f.e:

Source file name: 00800.mpls
Duration: 3:16:37
Chapters count: 16
Size: 43.5 GB
Segment count: 3
Segment map: 10,12,15

In this case the Playlist is 00800 and has 3 Stream segments with number 00010.m2ts, 00012.m2ts, 00015.m2ts in the "BDMV/STREAM" folder.

In most cases if there are more "title candidates" the contens is different, so select each title and check the included audio and subtitle tracks in the list and compare all the titles. If you are still unsure and the Playlist and Segment maps differs, make a decrypted backup of the disc. After this go to the "BDMS/STREAM" folder on the harddrive and view the stream segments and find the correct streams which match the Playlist.
After identify the correct title, you can open the already decrypted backup in MakeMKV by selecting the "BDMV/Index.bdmv" file. Now you can save the wanted title to mkv very fast.
Good Luck :)

Post by baleohhey »

In case anyone else comes across this, I believe 00851.mpls is the correct playlist. I checked the segments included and the other 1:40:08 runtime playlist has segment 264 first which is a black and white version of the first part of the movie (thus incorrect).
NeuroDawg

Rocky Horror Picture Show 35th Anniversary BD

Post by NeuroDawg »

I just got this BD and came here to figure out which playlist was correct. Since this discussion doesn't appear to have the correct information, I was able to figure it out and thought I'd clear up the confusion. This disc isn't playlist obfuscation; there are actually different versions/options with regards to playing/ripping this movie.

There are essentially four versions of this movie on the disc, each with two separate tracks containing different subtitles (for eight possible mkv files).

This movie had different versions in the UK and US, so there is a US Theatrical Version and a UK Theatrical Version. The UK version includes a segment towards the end, containing the song "Superheroes" that was not in the US release.

The other two "versions" on the disc are the above two releases, but with the first 20:10 of the movie in B&W. The director had initially wanted to start the movie in B&W, and switch to color when Brad and Janet enter into room with "The Time Warp". But this was rejected by the studio.

Here are the segment maps for my disc (in the order they appear in my makemkv contents window):

856 - US Theatrical Version, English and Japanese subtitles only.
857 - UK Theatrical Version, English and Japanese subtitles only.
851 - UK Theatrical Version, English and extensive other subtitles
808 - US Theatrical Version, B&W Start, English and Japanese subtitles only.
800 - US Theatrical Version, English and extensive other subtitles
802 - US Theatrical Version, B&W Start, English and extensive other subtitles
859 - UK Theatrical Version, B&W Start, English and Japanese subtitles only.
853 - UK Theatrical Version, B&W Start, English and extensive other subtitles