Suggestions to efficiently rip Toy Story (and other Pixar BDs)

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Goose

Suggestions to efficiently rip Toy Story (and other Pixar BDs)

Post by Goose »

I’m relatively new with MakeMKV but have been using it for a few months now to digitize my blu-ray library and it’s done what I need it to do.

I’m not getting to the Pixar section of my collection and Toy Story has been running for about six or seven hours and is estimating another three or more hours until it’s done. Any other disc I’ve done (about 200) have all taken around an hour to rip fully.

It also listed about 120 titles, while most other discs have between 5-20.

Now I know that Disney is notorious for their high levels of copy protection, and that sometimes they’d include little “games” you could play on the disc, but this still seems to be like an incredibly long time, and my drive is making a lot more noise than usual, as if it’s having to skip around almost constantly.

If that’s what it takes to convert these, so be it; I can just set them to run overnight. But I wanted to ask if anyone has any tips for ripping Pixar BDs efficiently, with less time and maybe even less wear on the drive.

Thanks.
Woodstock

Re: Suggestions to efficiently rip Toy Story (and other Pixar BDs)

Post by Woodstock »

Ripping extras, especially from a title with "remote control games", can be tedious. But ripping just the main feature should not take that long.

What do you have your minimum time set for?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Goose

Re: Suggestions to efficiently rip Toy Story (and other Pixar BDs)

Post by Goose »

I know it's been almost a month but I appreciate your response and don't want to seem ungrateful.

I like to get every single bonus feature off of the disc, so my minimum time is 5 seconds. It gives me a fair amount of logos and disclaimer screens to sort through, but it also means I don't miss any little easter eggs and whatever else.

While Toy Story took a long time to scan, the rest of the Pixar library went much quicker.