Can't rip Blu Rays

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
phngyn

Can't rip Blu Rays

Post by phngyn »

Hello, so I've been using MakeMKV for awhile and I decided to purchase it today. However, when I tried to rip a blu ray the following shows up (I cut it down to shorten it):

Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT ESTABLISHED' occurred while issuing SCSI command AD010..080002400 to device 'IoKit:IOBDServices:daa64f7d184c1384:HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CT10N A103'
Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc

I'm on the latest version v1.12.3 and this hasn't happened before. I tried to go back to a previous Blu Ray that I had already ripped and then the same message showed up, but before I ripped it with no problem. I also tried to rip regular DVDs and that ripped with no problem as well. I've tried to read around the forum, but from what I understood I might have to wait until a new version comes out? I wanted to ask just to make sure though. Thanks :)
Woodstock

Re: Can't rip Blu Rays

Post by Woodstock »

AACS version 66 has hit the streets, and it appears to be a "revoking" version - revoking the decryption key MakeMKV uses. Because of that, MakeMKV will be unable to rip any BDs until Mike releases a newer version that has a new key.

To help speed this process, check your MakeMKV data directory for a file that has a name beginning with "MKB_v66_" and send it to svq@makemkv.com for analysis.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
phngyn

Post by phngyn »

Thanks for the reply. Just noticed after making this post that it was AACS v66 and the latest MakeMKV is v65. Hopefully the new version comes out soon, sucks that I purchased it and now I can't rip blu ray. Nobody's fault but mine though lol
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

phngyn wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:37 pm
Thanks for the reply. Just noticed after making this post that it was AACS v66 and the latest MakeMKV is v65. Hopefully the new version comes out soon, sucks that I purchased it and now I can't rip blu ray. Nobody's fault but mine though lol
MakeMKV v1.14.0 released. Should fix the cert revocation problem.
phngyn

Post by phngyn »

d00zah wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:26 pm
phngyn wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:37 pm
MakeMKV v1.14.0 released. Should fix the cert revocation problem.
Yess!!! Thank you so much for letting me know, the problem is fixed and the BD is now ripped! Thank you and to MakeMKV :)