Cant rip bonus files except through Backup mst2 files

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
mdmarmd

Cant rip bonus files except through Backup mst2 files

Post by mdmarmd »

I have been using MakeMKV for quite awhile. Occassionally I download a Blu Ray disk that will show primary video but most or all of the bonus videos don't show up. I just downloaded "22 Mile" and the main video and one bonus (Columbia) were downloaded to mkv files, as well as about 6-7 different trailers of the movie.

I wonder what happens when these bonus features "dissappear".
I decided to do a MakeMKV backup of the disk. The unencrypted backup downloaded all the bonus features as m2ts files, so they were there, just not registered by the MakeMKV process. Can someone explain what happens here.

Also, since I had the bonus features as m2ts files, I used VLC to convert them to mkv files. The only bonus mkv, that MakeMKV ripped to an mkv file was entitled "Columbia" and was 868,648 kb in size. When I used MakMKV backup it downloaded a m2st that was 932,028 kb in size. And when I used VLC to convert it to an mkv file, it was only 101,401 kb in size.

Why would there be such a huge reduction in file size. I would assume there must have been a big loss in quality.

Thank for any input.
d00zah

Re: Cant rip bonus files except through Backup mst2 files

Post by d00zah »

Have you set a 'Minimum title length (seconds)' on the 'Video' preferences tab? You MAY be inadvertently filtering out the extra features you're interested in.