A Simple Favor (US Retail)

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Cornstick
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:22 pm

A Simple Favor (US Retail)

Post by Cornstick » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:20 am

Not positive about this. US Retail

Name: A Simple Favor (English)
Source file name: 00308.mpls
Duration: 1:56:50
Chapters count: 16
Size: 32.6 GB
Segment count: 15
Segment map: 514,511,509,510,504,513,501,506,507,515,505,502,508,512,503
File name: A Simple Favor_t83.mkv

johng
Posts: 95
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:49 pm

Re: A Simple Favor (US Retail)

Post by johng » Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:44 pm

Did this ever get verified? Any idea if the Netflix version is the same?

dbtayag
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:46 am

Re: A Simple Favor (US Retail)

Post by dbtayag » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:37 am

Remember guys, this is a Lionsgate release.

Grisle
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:07 pm

Re: A Simple Favor (US Retail)

Post by Grisle » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:46 pm

RD Version

Title information
Name: A Simple Favor
Source file name: 00519.mpls
Duration: 1:56:50
Chapters count: 16
Size: 32.6 GB
Segment count: 15
Segment map: 505,513,511,508,503,504,506,509,501,507,510,502,515,514,512
File name: A Simple Favor_t138.mkv

Used AnyDVD, but have not watched to verify.

dp5081
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:58 pm

Re: A Simple Favor (US Retail)

Post by dp5081 » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:00 pm

RB version doesn't contain 308. just a heads up.

Grisle
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:07 pm

Re: A Simple Favor (US Retail)

Post by Grisle » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:18 pm

Sorry, supposed to be RB version in my post not RD

Kappabear
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:44 pm

Re: A Simple Favor (US Retail)

Post by Kappabear » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:32 pm

Folks, I'm not quite a newbie, but certainly no expert either. I'm attempting to extract the correct Title from this DVD. When I play it using Apple's DVD Player, it shows that Title 71 is what I want. When I open the disc in MakeMKV, I see "Title #71 was added (17 cell(s), 1:56:37)", but when I look at the lists of titles, none of the titles contain Source ID: 71.

How do I determine which DVD title to save/extract? (I've heard that Lionsgate discs are much harder to determine.)

Would someone please explain to me what is discussed/talked about in the threads above, and how you determined the information? Also, I'm not seeing "Source file name", or "Size", "Segment count", "segment map" or "File name" that matches what is being shown. Perhaps I'm looking at the DVD, and the above is from the BluRay?

Grisle
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:07 pm

Re: A Simple Favor (US Retail)

Post by Grisle » Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:52 pm

My info is for the RB Bluray version.

I had AnyDVD scan the disk and gave me a good playlist of 519, but as I said I have not watched it to verify this is correct at this point.

Lovely Rita
Posts: 254
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:29 pm

Re: A Simple Favor (US Retail)

Post by Lovely Rita » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:37 pm

Kappabear wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:32 pm
Folks, I'm not quite a newbie, but certainly no expert either. I'm attempting to extract the correct Title from this DVD. When I play it using Apple's DVD Player, it shows that Title 71 is what I want. When I open the disc in MakeMKV, I see "Title #71 was added (17 cell(s), 1:56:37)", but when I look at the lists of titles, none of the titles contain Source ID: 71.

How do I determine which DVD title to save/extract? (I've heard that Lionsgate discs are much harder to determine.)

Would someone please explain to me what is discussed/talked about in the threads above, and how you determined the information? Also, I'm not seeing "Source file name", or "Size", "Segment count", "segment map" or "File name" that matches what is being shown. Perhaps I'm looking at the DVD, and the above is from the BluRay?
Yes, this is the BluRay section. :)
Your questions should be posted under DVD topics.

Lionsgate discs ARE a PIA (much more than the Disney disc you and talked about recently) but I suggest we continue this conversation in the proper topic section. I would suggest posting there.
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV

tornadobox
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:44 am

Re: A Simple Favor (US Retail)

Post by tornadobox » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:13 am

Does it matter that my file name is different? Everything else checks out the same. This is for the RB version (I'm assuming RB stands for the brightly colored machine source).

Title information
Name: A Simple Favor
Source file name: 00519.mpls
Duration: 1:56:50
Chapters count: 16
Size: 32.6 GB
Segment count: 15
Segment map: 505,513,511,508,503,504,506,509,501,507,510,502,515,514,512
File name: A Simple Favor_t140.mkv

TheBreeze
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:45 am

Re: A Simple Favor (US Retail)

Post by TheBreeze » Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:50 am

My MakeMKV chose 399.mpls, title 3 on my RB disc as the main feature. I already burned 519.mpls as suggested by Grisle. We'll see.

isuzudave
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:00 pm

Re: A Simple Favor (US Retail)

Post by isuzudave » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:04 am

tornadobox wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:13 am
Does it matter that my file name is different? Everything else checks out the same. This is for the RB version (I'm assuming RB stands for the brightly colored machine source).

Title information
Name: A Simple Favor
Source file name: 00519.mpls
Duration: 1:56:50
Chapters count: 16
Size: 32.6 GB
Segment count: 15
Segment map: 505,513,511,508,503,504,506,509,501,507,510,502,515,514,512
File name: A Simple Favor_t140.mkv
I don't think it matters that the file name is different. It's the source file name you are need to look at. They might have MakeMKV configured so it skips certain files on the disc and this would result in file number differences.

fozbot
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:10 pm

Re: A Simple Favor (US Retail)

Post by fozbot » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:57 am

Grisle wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:46 pm
RD Version

Title information
Name: A Simple Favor
Source file name: 00519.mpls
Duration: 1:56:50
Chapters count: 16
Size: 32.6 GB
Segment count: 15
Segment map: 505,513,511,508,503,504,506,509,501,507,510,502,515,514,512
File name: A Simple Favor_t138.mkv

Used AnyDVD, but have not watched to verify.
Confirmed Grisle post - I used the 519.mpls on RB version and watched it last night. Thanks

Crtguy
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:33 pm

Re: A Simple Favor (US Retail)

Post by Crtguy » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:47 pm

519.mpls is correct for Netflix also.

nickelmouse
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:49 am

Re: A Simple Favor (US Retail)

Post by nickelmouse » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:44 am

Cornstick wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:20 am
Not positive about this. US Retail

Name: A Simple Favor (English)
Source file name: 00308.mpls
Duration: 1:56:50
Chapters count: 16
Size: 32.6 GB
Segment count: 15
Segment map: 514,511,509,510,504,513,501,506,507,515,505,502,508,512,503
File name: A Simple Favor_t83.mkv

I also got 00308.mpls for US Retail 4K/Blu-ray using Process Monitor. Interesting that 4K movies are now simpler to rip than their Blu-ray counterparts (at least, from the user perspective dealing with obfuscation...not the actual decryption from Mike).

Post Reply