MPLS Choices

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
drxenos

MPLS Choices

Post by drxenos »

I was hoping someone could explain to me how MakeMKV chooces which playlists to present (beyond removing duplicates).

I recently wanted to extract some special features (deleted scenes). MakeMKV did not show the mpls files (although HandBrake did). I was eventually able to find them in the MakeMKV GUI, but listed under their m2ts files.

So, I am wondering:
1) How does the tool chooce which playlists to show, and which to ignore (again, excluding duplication).
2) How does it choice to list m2ts file vs the mpls?

Thanks,
DrX
Woodstock

Re: MPLS Choices

Post by Woodstock »

What do you have set in your preferences for "Minimum title length (seconds):" on the video tab?

Any title smaller than that (default is 120 seconds) will not be listed.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
drxenos

Post by drxenos »

Hi Woodstock! I have it set to 5 seconds.
drxenos

Post by drxenos »

Just to clarify:

The titles are present, but listed under their m2ts streams, instead of their playlist (mpls) number (which makes them harder to find). I'm just wonder when MakeMKV chooses one or the other.

Thanks,
DrX
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Mike would have to be the one to say for certain, but I don't think MakeMKV lists raw TS files. On a Bluray, you really cannot directly access any transport stream that doesn't have a play list pointing to it.

If you're after the TS files, your best bet would be to do a backup with decryption, which will copy all of the TS files to a directory.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
drxenos

Post by drxenos »

I'm sorry. I'm not making myself clear. I do not want to access the TS stream directly. I want the mpls.

For some entries, MakeMKV will list the playlist in the info windows (e.g., "Source file name: 00100.mpls").

For others, it lists the m2ts files (e.g., "Source file name: 00169.m2ts").

What I am asking is why does it list the latter under its m2ts stream instead of the mpls? The titles I was interested in were harder to find because of that.

Thanks,

DrX