Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse Blu Ray Issue

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
wodie

Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse Blu Ray Issue

Post by wodie »

I'm having a hell of a time with this brand new disc. I'm using an LG BP50NB40 drive but haven't had issues with any other discs.

Anyone have any thoughts on the issue and a fix? If I can get through the read process (this usually fails unless i'm off a fresh system restart) and start the MKV creation process it inevitably stops with a fatal error. log is attached. thanks!
Attachments
MakeMKV_log.txt
(490.71 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
Last edited by wodie on Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woodstock

Re: Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse Blu Ray Issue

Post by Woodstock »

During the rip, your drive went off-line, as evidenced by the repeated messages like:
002003:0000 Error 'OS error - (ipc/send) invalid destination port' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00410.m2ts' at offset '0'
MakeMKV can't read the disk if the operating system says it is off-line, so it eventually fails the rip... but it shouldn't give a fatal error for that.

Primary issue is figuring out why MacOS thinks the drive isn't available. Since it happens almost immediately, it shouldn't be the "normal" speed-related power issue some USB drives have.

If you close MakeMKV, unplug the USB cable, plug it back in, and start MakeMKV after MacOS acknowledges the drive is installed, do you get different results?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
BlueMac77

Re: Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse Blu Ray Issue

Post by BlueMac77 »

@wodie I was able to rip Spider-Man into the Spider-Verse blu-ray successfully. I’m using a Pioneer BDR-209 DBK drive connected externally via Firewire to my Mac. Using OS 10.9 Mavericks. You can try isolating the problem by using a different optical drive, change the USB cable or air-blow the drive. Just my opinion, personally I prefer using bigger optical drives with their own power adapters rather than USB powered slim optical drives. Years ago I helped my friend troubleshoot as his slim Samsung USB drive is having random read errors in ripping using MakeMKV. We tried changing the cable, cleaning the disc and air blowing the drive, using a different computer but no positive results. We later found out the problem was the USB port of the slim drive was faulty.