Makemkv not showing all the available Audio tracks

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
jdunbar

Makemkv not showing all the available Audio tracks

Post by jdunbar »

I have been trying to rip a blu ray with multiple english audio tracks (all confirmed with VLC) and it will only show 2 of the 4 available. I need one of the two not shown as it as the narration voice over on it that I want. How do I get Makemkv to show these audio tracks so I can rip them? I have done hundreds of my blu rays with Makemkv and this is the first time it has given me this problem. Please help.
Woodstock

Re: Makemkv not showing all the available Audio tracks

Post by Woodstock »

Are you sure you have the correct play list?

There can be multiple play lists that use the same "m2ts" files, but expose different aspects of the file. For example, on a lot of GKIDS disks, there is an "English" and a "Japanese" play list. You do not get Japanese audio tracks on the English play list, and vice-versa. If you want both, you have to use mkvmerge from mkvtoolnix to add the Japanese audio to the English MKV file.

You can rip the m2ts track and get all the audio/subtitle tracks (usually), but without things like chapters.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
jdunbar

Post by jdunbar »

Thank you. It was the seamless branching that was making me think that things were goofy. You were right about the play lists: they were out of order and when I went back to check the title numbers, bingo! So sorry for my stupidity... Thanks!
Mobe1969

Post by Mobe1969 »

Unfortunately this isn't always a solution. 4 cases in point are the Fast and Furious 6 and 7 UHDs, both the US and Euro/Aus regions pressings. The extended cut is available on one playlist only, and for some insane reason the main audio track, the DTS-HD X or 7.1 is hidden, and the only available track is standard DTS 5.1. Your only option it to backup and use something like MKVToolnix and paste a playlist together from the individual M2TS files.

I'm not sure why MakeMKV would want to keep the tracks hidden.