New Fox Titles Won't Rip: Predators, Moulin Rouge, etc

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
MrTeagan

New Fox Titles Won't Rip: Predators, Moulin Rouge, etc

Post by MrTeagan »

Predators, Romeo & Juliet and Moulin Rouge contain BD+ and AACS v18. None of them will rip. I assume this requires new SVQ.
Director
setarip_old

Re: New Fox Titles Won't Rip: Predators, Moulin Rouge, etc

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

Have you submitted your dumps, so that the .SVQs can be updated?

MrTeagan

Post by MrTeagan »

Haven't yet because I can't find the address to send them to anymore. I have both.
Director
crowfax

Post by crowfax »

MrTeagan wrote:Haven't yet because I can't find the address to send them to anymore. I have both.
http://makemkv.com/svq/ -> svq@makemkv.com
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
MrTeagan

Post by MrTeagan »

Emailed!
Director
gmd024

Post by gmd024 »

I doubt this is of any help with this issue but...I also had trouble ripping the BD of Predators with both versions 158 and 160 -- but after ripping Predators to an unprotected ISO and then mounting it with a virtual drive, I had no trouble ripping it to an MKV with MakeMKV - but of course the encryption is most likely the issue in Predators/MakeMKV and since it was stripped out of the ISO, that's probably why MakeMKV had no issue with the rip then

Hope this helps - if not, please disreguard
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@gmd024

HOW did you rip "Predators" to "an unprotected iso"?

crowfax

Post by crowfax »

I've sent off the dump file for Predators as well, hopefully it'll be ready soon. Mike also mentioned the 1.6.2 was only a few days away last week, so maybe we'll see that too?
Home Theater PC: Assassin HTPC, XBMCbuntu 12.0 (Frodo), Intel i5 3570k 3.4 GHz Ivy Bridge w/ HD 4000, LG BD-ROM
Playback Devices: Mede8er MED600X3D, MyGica EnjoyTV 120, Xtreamer SideWinder 3, Crystal Acoustics MediaMatchBox
gmd024

Post by gmd024 »

setarip_old wrote:@gmd024

With AnyDVD HD - it plays without issue as a BD/ISO if "Mounted" with Virtual CloneDrive - and of course allows me to rip it in MakeMKV if mounted 1st in VCD - and then plays without issue also after that

gmd024

Post by gmd024 »

setarip_old wrote:@gmd024

With AnyDVD HD - it plays without issue as a BD/ISO if "Mounted" with Virtual CloneDrive - and of course allows me to rip it in MakeMKV if mounted 1st in VCD - and then plays without issue also after that as an mkv

setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@gmd024
I doubt this is of any help with this issue

You are correct - your success with AnyDVD this time around simply means that, this time, the SlySoft guys resolved the "Predators" BD+ coding a little sooner than Mike (will).

If you check the histories of DVDFab (and Passkey), MakeMKV, and AnyDVD, you'll find that they take turns being first resolving protection schemes ;>}

BTW - DVDFab Passkey can also presently properly process the "Predators" Blu-ray disc... (That's a lot of "P's"!)

mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Moulin Rouge is supported for a while, Predators was just added to SVQ. You might have problems with automatic SVQ download - in this case download the single SVQ manually from http://www.makemkv.com/svq/dsall.svq per instructions at http://www.makemkv.com/svq/dsall.svq
MrTeagan

Post by MrTeagan »

Moulin Rouge doesn't work. Predators now does with the manual SVQ update. No go on Moulin Rouge.
Director
gmd024

Post by gmd024 »

mike admin wrote:Moulin Rouge is supported for a while, Predators was just added to SVQ. You might have problems with automatic SVQ download - in this case download the single SVQ manually from http://www.makemkv.com/svq/dsall.svq per instructions at http://www.makemkv.com/svq/dsall.svq
Both links take me to the same svq download link - please repost the instructions/link for manual svq install - or does the svq simply get placed in the MakeMKV directory
conttiego

Post by conttiego »

Download the dsall.svq into the makeMKV directory.
Open makeMKV, go to preferences, and look for the BD+ tab.
Point the folder to where the dsall.svq is:
ie C:\program files\makemkv.

It does work for predators.