Star Trek TNG Season One Disc 3.

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
ItsLolgical

Star Trek TNG Season One Disc 3.

Post by ItsLolgical »

I have tried at least a thousand times by now to rip one of the five episodes off of the disc and it constantly fails.

I have been able to copy all the files over through file explorer, but when I copied them into an ISO, MakeMKV fails to open the ISO.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Here's the debug log:

Using direct disc access mode
Saved AACS dump file as C:\Users\mtuel/.MakeMKV/MKB_v31_Disc_3_D540.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
DEBUG: Code 0 at E"`0L*bjuZ+[XW`":29396092
DEBUG: Code 0 at E"`0L*bjuZ+[XW`":29395172
Failed to open disc
Woodstock

Re: Star Trek TNG Season One Disc 3.

Post by Woodstock »

Since I had that series has been sitting in my "To be ripped" queue for several months, I pulled out S1D3 and tried it.

Version 1.14.4 of MakeMKV does not have any issue with reading it, assuming the disk is clean and undamaged.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ItsLolgical

Post by ItsLolgical »

Sorry, I think I need to clarify a bit. I was able to rip 4 out of the 5 episodes on the disc. Maybe this is the wrong section of the forum for this question?

The disc itself is fine other than the inability to rip one of the episodes due to a corruption error. I was able to copy the entire disk to my computer, and I'm trying to find out how to open the copy of the blu-ray in MakeMKV. Converting it into an ISO and then trying to open said ISO fails and gives the error(s) listed above.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

And I was able to rip the entire disk without error, so nothing in my original reply changes.

The inability to generate a decryption key "almost always" means that there was an error reading the directory area of the disk. And since the key "almost always" is the same for all titles on a given disk, if it was able to read it for 4 titles, it should have worked for the 5th.

I use "almost always" above because, while I have never seen a counter-example, they could exist.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
darcym

Post by darcym »

did the whole show - season 1 - 7, zero problems, excellent quality.
possible disc error ?