Men In Black International - 2 Main Features

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
ozymandias

Re: Men In Black International - 2 Main Features

Post by ozymandias »

VarHD wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:54 pm
I figured it out. I made a backup and watched all 4 .m2ts files (338, 342, 343 and 343) which are short 21 second scenes where the agent enters an area and she looks at a screen/monitor. In each file, there's different content on the monitor - the first one shows Elon Musk, the second one shows Piers Morgan and the third and fourth some female models I can't identify (maybe some local international celebrities).

This doesn't seem to affect the plot or dialogue in any way because there's no sound coming from that screen so technically it doesn't matter which one you get. I'm just guessing the first one with Elon Musk is aimed at the US audience, Piers Morgan is aimed at the UK and the other two are shown in other countries.

BTW, I'm talking about the UHD version which has 8 separate playlists, but I suspect this will also apply to the regular FHD Blu-ray.
I'm thoroughly impressed and thank you for you efforts. It was killing me not knowing.
preserve

Post by preserve »

VarHD wrote:
watched all 4 .m2ts files (338, 342, 343 and 343) which are short 21 second scenes where the agent enters an area and she looks at a screen/monitor. In each file, there's different content on the monitor - the first one shows Elon Musk, the second one shows Piers Morgan and the third and fourth some female models I can't identify (maybe some local international celebrities).
I recently picked up the 4-movie UHD collection in Canada.

The UHD version I have only has 2 of these alternate scenes, playlists 251 and 252, with segments 338 and 342 being different. The movie itself is listed as 45.1 GB.

https://imgur.com/a/AHgci1Z
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
-SilentAssassin-

Post by -SilentAssassin- »

VarHD wrote:
I figured it out. I made a backup and watched all 4 .m2ts files (338, 342, 343 and 343) which are short 21 second scenes where the agent enters an area and she looks at a screen/monitor. In each file, there's different content on the monitor - the first one shows Elon Musk, the second one shows Piers Morgan and the third and fourth some female models I can't identify (maybe some local international celebrities).

This doesn't seem to affect the plot or dialogue in any way because there's no sound coming from that screen so technically it doesn't matter which one you get. I'm just guessing the first one with Elon Musk is aimed at the US audience, Piers Morgan is aimed at the UK and the other two are shown in other countries.

BTW, I'm talking about the UHD version which has 8 separate playlists, but I suspect this will also apply to the regular FHD Blu-ray.
For anyone wondering what the difference is between 340 and 345, it seems that 340 has credits for voice-only roles (such as Kumail Nanjiani as Pawny), while 345 does not, or at the very least, they're moved somewhere else in the credits (I didn't look through the whole credits). There could be other differences, as I stopped looking after spotting that.